Pregnant and need help

Options
Hey there everyone. I just found out I'm expecting!!!!! This is going to change a few things here on myfitnesspal, but not too much. I am just not going to focus on losing any weight. I am walking a lot and jogging about 1/2-3/4 mile most days of the week to build strength in my legs as I will be carrying more weight as each month goes by. Also, I read in a magazine that I need to strengthen my lower abs and lower back muscles. Any moms or knowledgeable people able to give me some tips that won't hurt me or my baby???? I have already had 2 children, but had some pretty bad back pain during the night. I'm interested in keeping that to a minimum if I can help it.

Thanks anyone who can help!

Suzie

Replies

• kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • bnorms
    bnorms Posts: 4
    Options
    Congrats! Have you thought about water workouts? It is supposed to take the pressure of the baby off your back and other joints.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Check out a Pregnancy Fitness magazine!!! :happy: Here's one I saw advertised in Shape: http://www.fitpregnancy.com

I know there should be some yoga poses you could do. I've always heard anything you were doing before, you can do up until your third trimester, with permission from your ob-gyn.

Oh and congrats!!!