5K Jog

Options
I started jogging last June and worked my way up to 5K in 30-35 minutes 5-6 days/week and on crappy weather days I do 30 minutes on the Elliptical though it doesn't compare to jogging. Though I'd like to jog it in less than 30 minutes, I'm keeping it real since I work 12 hour shifts and 95% is spent on my feet so it's really hard...

Replies

• orangelobster
    Options
    That's great - good for you. 5 K is super (especially after a 12 hour day - yikes)
  • gabe_carrizales
    Options
    Thanks!! Yeah it's tough sometimes but thanks to my iTunes, I get through without a problem!!! :-)
  • orangelobster
    Options
    Thanks!! Yeah it's tough sometimes but thanks to my iTunes, I get through without a problem!!! :-)

yep - iTunes is a super motivator!
  • shanehd
    shanehd Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    hey Gabe
    i am very similar to you. i work 12 hour shifts as well. when i start to jog i was going 6 times a week and have cut back to three times a week because i start p90x. i also run the 5 km in about 35-37 minutes. i find using the runkeeper app has helped me alot because of the updates every 5 min. and the playlist music as well but i dont think it works on the treadmill. i enjoy getting outside for the jog even if its somewhat cold.