Juice burn out

Options
dbroomy
dbroomy Posts: 17 Member
I started to try "juicing" about a week ago. At first it was ok, and somewhat different. Today I made a juice and my mind said "what the hell is this *kitten* you are drinking?" I don't know if its because I'm using a variant of the same recipe over and over again (carrots , apple , pineapple, jalapeno, tomato), but I seem to already be burnt out on it. Any senior juicers out there have any advice?

Replies

• dbroomy
    dbroomy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I wonder if I could juice a cookie?
  • barestitches
    barestitches Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha. too funny. as a beginner you jumped right into some serious combos. I started with just one fruit or vegetable at a time.I gradually combined either 2 fruits or 2 vegetables until I came up with what works together and what doesn't. Try combining a sweet fruit and a vegetable. A little ginger or garlic adds zing, but just use a small piece of either. You might be taking your body by storm and overloading your taste buds. Enjoy juicing. You might want to look at the juices in the grocery store and remember some of those combos.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Try new recipes. Regardless of what you're consuming if you constantly consume the same stuff over and over again without changing it up you'll get bored.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Regardless of what you're consuming if you constantly consume the same stuff over and over again without changing it up you'll get bored.

I never tire of cheese and pasta. :laugh:
  • kb119
    kb119 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I LOVE V8 juice and I find myself making the same recipe over and over again, but still not getting burnt out (I think you have to be a tomato addict like me though).

1 cucumber
    2 carrots
    1 bell pepper (I like red the best)
    2 stalks of celery
    1 small beet
    1/2 bunch spinach
    1/2 bunch parsley
    1/2 bunch cilantro

If you don't like V8, you might not like that combo, though.
    Spinach and cucumbers are really mild and if you add fruit juice as well it will make it taste much better. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you. :)
  • kb119
    kb119 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I forgot to list the tomatoes! I also add tomatoes :) ha
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Regardless of what you're consuming if you constantly consume the same stuff over and over again without changing it up you'll get bored.

I never tire of cheese and pasta. :laugh:

I do if it is the same cheese and pasta over and over again, but I have a super fine tuned taste palette so I like changing things up
  • IronGirlShae
    IronGirlShae Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    one of my faves was spinach, romaine, wheat grass, green grapes and mango/banana. I had a Health Master blender to puree it all from whole into a nectar like juice. Too bad the blender was a piece of crap...a very expensive piece of crap.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Funny...I really hate juice in general (I know the green juices in particular are supposed to be healthy but I'd just rather eat a salad) so I have never tried juicing. But maybe your body is trying to tell you that it's had enough of a juice fast? Or are you just adding in fresh juices to a regular diet?

As with anything, doing the same old thing can get boring so maybe try some of the recipes/new combos that people have suggested?
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    If you're already tiring of this after one week then is this really a realistic long-tterm plan? How about eating some decent healthy food, the options are far wider.