Eating Over Limit- advice?

Options
Hey there,
I ate about 550 calories over my goal for today. I am not necessarily concerned about it because I have all week to make-up for it, but I am not sure the best way to do that.
Should I do it all in one day or over the week (I really don't want to because I feel like it is looming over my head)?

I was just wondering how you work through it?
Thanks!

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to lose a pound a week, you've barely gone over your maintenance calories. I would just forget about it and go forward as usual.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I agree. Try to eat on target for the rest of the week and don't try to "make up" for today. You're doing fine.
  • Queendeeana
    Options
    Exercise a little more or do a workout if you haven't. Its the best way to keep up with the calories. Sometimes if I am craving a snack and I am out of calories, I work out enough for it. I did 20 miinutes of dance the other day for a treat and it was worth it!
  • 30ismyyear
    30ismyyear Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Many people count their week total calories and not per day so you really don't have to worry much. If you feel the need to balance it out, I'd do a little each day. Or burn extra calories to make up for the overage.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Ignore the amount you went over today, carry on tomorrow like it never happened. There are always going to be days that pop up where you go over. The best thing to do is log it and move on like it didn't happen. Stressing about it just fosters guilt and sets you up for another bad day.

Good luck!
  • Feed_the_Bears
    Feed_the_Bears Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You'll wreak havoc on your metabolism and drive more cravings if you do it all at once. Juat keep looking forward and be god for a whole week. ... if it's hard to stay in goal check out Eat More to Weigh Less and recover your metabolism. The 2000 cal life is not a myth.
  • EjaneK11
    EjaneK11 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Don't stress over it. Just focus on working on it. This is a learn as you go type of thing. Remember no one is perfect!
  • stellabobella79
    stellabobella79 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    550 is no that bad, in fact it's probably close to your maintenance calorie number. You might not lose that extra fraction of a pound, but you aren't going to gain from it. I mixed up my numbers a little this week and went 550 over on Sunday but I still lost 1.8lbs in a week. Just start fresh tomorrow and drink a lot of water.
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I wish i could on both hands how many times i go over but i dont have enough fingers. But I am still heading in the right direction. Don't sweat it keep the eye on the goal however :-)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Tonight at midnight the day starts over. There you go - a fresh new day all ready and waiting for you. Move on.
  • bertypainter
    Options
    I am probably nutty about it ,but i subtract it the next day. works for me, that way i feel i have made up for it. If you cant just get back you will be fine.