eating 3,500 calories a day

Options
i know this might be hard to find but i am trying to bulk up and eating lots of food. does anyone have any healthy high calorie foods to eat? maybe with some good protein? ive been working out 5 days a week 1&1/2 to 2 hours a day. any help is appreciated!

Replies

• smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Nuts of any kind. On average a 1/4 cup serving is about 200 calories and has healthy fat, protein and fiber. Put them on your salad, eat them as a snack, whatever. A friend of mine is doing Insanity fot the same purpose and had the same problem trying to reach his calorie goal in a healthy way and nuts were the key!!
  • Always_lil_j
    Options
    Nuts of any kind. On average a 1/4 cup serving is about 200 calories and has healthy fat, protein and fiber. Put them on your salad, eat them as a snack, whatever. A friend of mine is doing Insanity fot the same purpose and had the same problem trying to reach his calorie goal in a healthy way and nuts were the key!!

I agree, nuts definitely. Back when I use to do weightlifting, we ate nuts all the time. Good luck!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    They also have all sorts of fat-free milk products that are very healthy--if you are not lactose intolerant. I love them and they love me! ;)
  • mythicals
    mythicals Posts: 70
    Options
    Peanut butter.
    1 tablespoon is 100 calories.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Full fat Greek Yogurt - about 260 calories per cup, cheese, nuts, really any whole dairy product, protein powder.
  • ChunkyChunk
    Options
    Avacados :)
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,738 Member
    Options
    Eggs! I love 'em. :bigsmile:
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, eggs, avacado, nuts, cheese, lean meats all good. Protein powder added to yogurt or milk. Just off the top of my head. GL!
  • jquintinjr
    jquintinjr Posts: 191
    Options
    chicken breast/brown rice/ oatmeal w/ scoop of protein powder/ banana and protein powder/ ---all good post workout foods to bulk

---immediate post workout snack/meal...50g of protein powder with 40-50g of fast carbs for insulin spike. stuff like dextrose and maltodextrin...or white potato or white bread
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Avocados! Holy cow! I use to eat one a day until I fount out how many calories and fat grams are in one! (Yes, It's good fat, but still!)