Rice Pudding

Options
jimjammy87
jimjammy87 Posts: 7 Member
I've been having a serious crave for rice pudding, unfortunately all the recipes I have looked at are high in calories.

Does anyone know any tried and delicious rice recipes that are low in calories???

Replies

• Peteyg76
    Peteyg76 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The only thing i could think of is replace the sugar with splenda. I also wonder if you could replace the white rice with some else...i have no clue what. Maybe that will get the wheels spinning?
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I don't add nuts or raisins to mine. takes out some cals, but probably not enough to make a dent. now I want rice pudding
    ETA or turvia. 0 cals, but be careful. 1 pack could send you into a diabetic coma. I tried it on my shredded wheat first time and it was too much.
  • joro0404
    Options
    The Hairy Bikers Plum rice pudding is delish. It works out at 134 a portion.

http://www.hairybikers.com/recipes/plum-rice-pudding/1617
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Made a version the other day.

100g white rice. (Uncooked)
    One scoop vanilla whey protein powder. (30g)

Boil rice as you usually would ( I used the microwave). Let it rest until cooled. Toss a scoop of whey on top and stir in, add water to get your desired consistency. I also tossed in some almonds and berries simply because: almonds and berries. It was nice, tbh, by could've been better.

I dunno. :ohwell: