What are you doing to get your stomach ripped?

Options

Replies

• Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Easy. By not doing this...

tumblr_lfl0nuPiYO1qdzjnp.gif
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    No tea? Why no tea?

*has a very English panic*
  • runningwoodpecker
    Options
    Thank you gentleman for all your help (and sorry for high jacking your post OP)

So I think I should be eating between 1430 and 1690 for fat loss (I'm 130lbs)
    eat 130g of protein
    set fat to 45-50grams
    and carbs! (is carbs from fruit and veg ok? as I nearly always go over my carbs but they are from clean foods)

This is so much more clearer to me than anything else! Thanks again for all the links and weight spreadsheet. much appreciated, I guess this i what I'll be doing to get ripped!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    No tea? Why no tea?

Hahahahahaha. Im guessing because its added extras (milk).

Dont panic, green tea to the rescue!!
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options

eat 130g of protein
    set fat to 45-50grams
    and carbs! (is carbs from fruit and veg ok? as I nearly always go over my carbs but they are from clean foods)

This is so much more clearer to me than anything else! Thanks again for all the links and weight spreadsheet. much appreciated, I guess this i what I'll be doing to get ripped!

Protein 1g/lb so 130g
    Fats 0.5g/lb so 65g
    Remainder with carbs
    Fruit and veg is okay. Some would argue to limit fruit specifically for fat loss, but it's okay.
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Fruit and veg is okay. Some would argue to limit fruit specifically for fat loss, but it's okay.

To them I say, I got 40g of carbs from Chocolate Tim Tams today :)
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

eat 130g of protein
    set fat to 45-50grams

Protein 1g/lb so 130g
    Fats 0.5g/lb so 65g
    Remainder with carbs
    Agreed, 1 serving of fruits and veggies are perfectly fine. Other carbs sources are up to you.
  • Imanido
    Imanido Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the links, I am also interested in the cutting phase and how can one get it right. ;-)
  • runningwoodpecker
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    No tea? Why no tea?

:laugh:

Yeah, it's the milk and sugar that is the concern. I suspect you could do the milk but not the sugar.

But... I have spoken to enough people who do not worry about their intake and have amazing physiques (ie six packs, lean body, muscular) because they do enough exercise (mainly of the strength training variety, but particularly rock climbing).
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    No tea? Why no tea?

:laugh:

Yeah, it's the milk and sugar that is the concern. I suspect you could do the milk but not the sugar.

But... I have spoken to enough people who do not worry about their intake and have amazing physiques (ie six packs, lean body, muscular) because they do enough exercise (mainly of the strength training variety, but particularly rock climbing).

I take my tea very dark and without sugar. there is hope for me yet. ;-)
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    I'm taping bacon to mine and then teasing the neighbor's pit bull. Ripped in seconds!
  • TOMEKA18
    TOMEKA18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am doing Insanity..What else do you suggest.
  • amy1612
    Options
    I'm taping bacon to mine and then teasing the neighbor's pit bull. Ripped in seconds!

I love you a little bit.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

I take my tea very dark and without sugar. there is hope for me yet. ;-)

Perhaps the caffeine may be enough to elevate your metabolism a little.
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options

I love you a little bit.

If I saved some of the bacon for you would you love me a lot?
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    shaving and tanning would do wonders for me right now...
  • disdatdude
    Options
    Bump on the links!!! :drinker:

I do drink coffee, but it's been black the whole week (no sugar or milk).

I try to watch my salt and sugar intake because those are more my concerns (blood pressure and overall health). I go over the standard limits set by MFP every day (or close). I don't know about tuning macros or any of that stuff. I just put in what I weighed and what my fantasy weight is (based on what health insurance chart says). My calorie intake is probably sitting between 1650-1750 daily.

I've been lazy with the workout as I'm trying to focus on other stuff, but I probably do 300 crunches, 300 of each side crunches...100 superman-ish back extensions, 50 dual stomach curls and 50 leg lifts - total per day (split between a day and night workout). I have lower back probs so I've been avoiding situps :wink:

My diet is probably suspect, but even when I'm in my prime and doing 20 mile bike rides and 5 mile runs/each day (100+ mi biking/25 miles running every week)...I've never had a piano key type stomach. I won't go back to riding as much (had a close call - torsion :cry: ) and then, knee surgery :cry: I will probably keep it lax this spring/year and do 25 miles biking plus 15 miles running every week.

Anyone mind lookin' my ugly food regimen over and giving me some suggestions? I would be really thankful.
  • dr3w_s
    dr3w_s Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    why hasn't anybody mentioned liposuction? :smile:
  • amy1612
    Options

I love you a little bit.

If I saved some of the bacon for you would you love me a lot?

On if you let me eat while listening to 'fatty boom boom' :wink: