No bread help

Options
Day 3 of no bread - stomach is flatter and face is debloating/depuffing?

I feel 100 times better but I was just wondering are these normal side affects?

Its like bread makes me retain water for some reason?!

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Bread bloats me but I have it most days because its tasty!
  • monkeyfinch
    monkeyfinch Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I generally feel a bit better after not eating bread but can't say I've noticed it to the level that you have mentioned after only three days. Did you eat a lot of bread before or are you allergic/intolerant to wheat or gluten?
  • StaceyC1989
    Options
    This is what I was wondering but I didnt want to start being all dramatic and saying 'oh i think im allergic to bread' i was just wondering if this was normal or not. Maybe i should check it out. Thanks!
  • Maggie821
    Maggie821 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Have you just eliminated bread, or all grains? I noticed a considerable decrease in bloating/puffiness when I cut them out in December; I have eaten both all my life and never felt I was gluten intolerant or any type of allergy. I went back to them after a month, and i sadly can see the bloating and craving returning. I am going back to eliminating both February 1st.

Keep up the good work! Can't wait to hear how you feel after 2 weeks!!
  • StaceyC1989
    Options
    Only bread - but i eat pasta very rarely as i can never be bothered to cook it and usually favour rice or potatos over it. I never eat cereal as i prefer porridge.!

Good luck x
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    This is what I was wondering but I didnt want to start being all dramatic and saying 'oh i think im allergic to bread' i was just wondering if this was normal or not. Maybe i should check it out. Thanks!
    I believe it's a fairly common response if you have an intolerance to wheat/gluten. An intolerance is not an allergy though, so it might not be as drastic as that. Some people with a food intolerance find that they can eat a small amount of food without any problem, but can't eat a lot of it. It would be worth checking it out with a medical professional though.
  • StaceyC1989
    Options
    Thank you :)