Nervous about first weigh-in!

Options
So last week I found a scale. (I'm currently deployed, so I don't have one readily available)

I stepped on the scale.

And I discovered that I weigh a good 10 pounds more than I thought I did, putting me at 145lbs, and solidly into the "overweight" category. (I'm 5'1)

So I put myself on a solid 1-pound-per-week-loss calorie deficit of 500/day. I've been using MFP to log my calorie intake, and FitBit to log my burn and as my "meal plan." (I like that it's not "under" or "over" my set number of calories, it has a "goal zone" that constantly adjusts itself throughout the day to match my activity level.)

I've been doing really well so far (I know it's only been a few days, but I've never really been on a diet before, so a good start is worth a lot!)

But I'm nervous about stepping back on that scale again on Sunday. If the number doesn't change or--god forbid!--goes UP, I'm worried that I'll feel discouraged.

I know that it's not a big deal--It's only one pound, right? But I have been working hard to keep myself on track. Making sure that I work out every day (Which is kind of hard since days are long here and the nights seem so short!) and trying to eat healthy with my very limited options.

Could just use a little support to soothe my nerves!

Replies

• wwmorrow
    wwmorrow Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I think you'll do great. But, at only 145 don't expect big losses each week. It's harder when you have less to lose.
  • rgagnon1
    rgagnon1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I know its hard to be patient but you are doing all the right things and under the most extreme circumstances. Hang in there no matter what that scale says. You sound determined and like a fighter to me! You can do this:love:
  • WinterDragon
    WinterDragon Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    They're right; it's harder to see fast results when you have a small loss goal. But stick with it; it's worth doing in the end. :)