Curious about my 1600 calorie intake.

Options
I am new to this and I have started on a 1600 calorie intake. During my evening workouts I burned between 250 and 400 calories. This brings my net down to 1350 and 1200. Is this adequate for weight loss?

Replies

• shepram50
    shepram50 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ive done around that per day or so an I havent found any issues with it so far. I now the website advises you to eat at least 1200/ day. So you should be good :)
  • LoganAnthony6
    Options
    Welcome to the community first of all! As for you needing 1600 a day, that's a decent amount, just a little under what I need. This site already takes into account how many calories you need to consume per day to lose the desired weight you first punched in when signing up. What this means it that you can eat 1600 or less [ if you like ] calories a day to lose your desired weight. Working out gives you additional calories to consume [ if you choose ], so I believe you have this backwards. If you burned between 250-400 calories from workout, then you really have a total of between 1850-2000 calories you're allowed to consume for the day, and will still lose your desired weight if you ate all these calories.
  • Dmiller611
    Options
    What type of work out program do you use and how active is your daily life style? I can give you a formula that will accurately tell you how many calories you need to maintain weight or to lose. I do high intensity workouts like Turbo Fire and Insanity, and I goal myself around 1500 calories daily...but that's what's best for me.
  • mariespivey
    Options
    I do about 35 minutes of Zumba 5 times a week. I also, go for brisk walks twice a day.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say without knowing more about you, here is a good guide, http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12