HOME EXERCISE IDEAS

Options
hey guys,

this is day 5 for the new me and ive got a very long way to go :blushing: but im looking for exercise ideas to try out at home (circumstances dont allow me to get to a gym), any ideas would be great and very much appreciated please. any fitness dvds that you can recommend or any advice you can give at all

i have a weak knee so needs to be low impact on my knees. I am also a complete novice :(

feel free to add me as a friend too if you think we could help each other.

Replies

• jelr
    jelr Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    lots of people start with 30DS, it won't be entirely low impact (jumping jacks, butt kicks, jump rope) but all three levels of the program are on youtube so you can easily do it at home without cost.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Do you have cable? I only recently discovered that there are a ton of fitness workouts available On Demand: cardio, dance, pilates, yoga, weights, etc. If you have that, you can try a bunch of different ones before investing in DVDs.
  • imnoangel80
    Options
    lots of people start with 30DS, it won't be entirely low impact (jumping jacks, butt kicks, jump rope) but all three levels of the program are on youtube so you can easily do it at home without cost.

thanks, just looked into it and it looks really good and i could alter the high impact exercises :0)
  • imnoangel80
    Options
    Do you have cable? I only recently discovered that there are a ton of fitness workouts available On Demand: cardio, dance, pilates, yoga, weights, etc. If you have that, you can try a bunch of different ones before investing in DVDs.

yes i have sky tv so ill look into that thank you :0)
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    30DS - do it. Let Jillian kill you.
  • Filletsteak
    Filletsteak Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I do Leslie Sansone's Walking Away the Pounds - start with Part 1 and Part 2, they're on Youtube as is her 3-mile walk. Free and easy to manage. I had to stop 30 Day Shred due to knee and shoulder pains but it works for many people - there are plenty of free videos on Youtube to get you started. Good luck!
  • imnoangel80
    Options

:laugh: no pain, no gain! im a bit of a saddist i actually like the pain so i know its doing me good
  • imnoangel80
    Options
    I do Leslie Sansone's Walking Away the Pounds - start with Part 1 and Part 2, they're on Youtube as is her 3-mile walk. Free and easy to manage. I had to stop 30 Day Shred due to knee and shoulder pains but it works for many people - there are plenty of free videos on Youtube to get you started. Good luck!

thanks, ill give the 30DS a try and if i survive ill try looking up some others :flowerforyou:
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i only workout at home to and i do 30ds and ripped in 30 plus slim in 6. jillian dvd's can be hard on the knees as i have to modify some of the exercises. slim in 6 is very easy and a great start up program!
  • imnoangel80
    Options
    i only workout at home to and i do 30ds and ripped in 30 plus slim in 6. jillian dvd's can be hard on the knees as i have to modify some of the exercises. slim in 6 is very easy and a great start up program!

aww thanks, that sounds like a good one to try out to start with :flowerforyou:

thanks for all the advice its very helpful to a complete beginner
  • notthatthis
    Options

:laugh: no pain, no gain! im a bit of a saddist i actually like the pain so i know its doing me good

No pain no gain is perhaps the most stupid thing ever said about exercise. there is pain and there is pain.

Buy some resistance bands, you tube Full Body Resistance band workouts and follow on from there. Also, nowloss.com has excellent workouts for the absolute beginner and will not impact your knee.
  • imnoangel80
    Options

No pain no gain is perhaps the most stupid thing ever said about exercise. there is pain and there is pain.

Buy some resistance bands, you tube Full Body Resistance band workouts and follow on from there. Also, nowloss.com has excellent workouts for the absolute beginner and will not impact your knee.

by pain i meant muscular aches the day after :smile: and im pretty sure most people have experienced those so maybe not so stupid!!!

ill look into the resistance workouts though thank you:flowerforyou:
  • notthatthis
    Options

by pain i meant muscular aches the day after :smile: and im pretty sure most people have experienced those so maybe not so stupid!!!

very pleased that you know the difference. I still hate the phrase though. Check nowloss.com also. thanks for the flowers.
  • imnoangel80
    Options

very pleased that you know the difference. I still hate the phrase though. Check nowloss.com also. thanks for the flowers.

you're very welcome, thanks for the advice