Type 2 Diabetes; Can anyone relate?

Options
Robin216
Robin216 Posts: 1 Member
Hi everyone,

I've been yo-yo dieting all my life but now I have a much more serious reason to drop the weight and get healty than just to fit into the fashions I like. If you have the same issues, I'd love to swap recipes, tips on exercise and generally staying healthy. Drop me a message:wink:

Replies

• trachnurse
    trachnurse Posts: 51
    Options
    Hi there, I can definitely relate. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in mid January. I have never done the yo-yo diet thing though. This is the first time I have tried to lose weight seriously. You are welcome to add me as a friend if you would like.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Me too! But just the couple of months I've been working out and watching my diet has made a huge difference. My numbers started dropping immediately and are looking great now. You can do it! :smile:
  • ChiWaWaMaMa4
    Options
    Hello!!! So glad to meet you!! I have only been on here about a week & after keeping track & cutting back calories I lost 7 lbs!! My hubby is pre-diabetic but by keeping his carbs down has helped it be under control. I am thrilled!! Good luck & lots of blessings, Shannon
  • shirehobbit
    Options
    Hi Robin,

I'm a newbie to this site also.

I was diagnosed with T2 on 11/14/08. I was able to get off glipizide in two weeks and metformin in 11 months via diet and exercise.

For me the carb goal on the myfitnesspal app is too high so I ignore it (carb consumption is different for each diabetic; you have to figure out what works for your body, and what you can live with emotionally. If you are so strict with your carb consumption that you've managed to remove all the joy from eating you may end up with diabetes burnout -- that's what happened to me).

My first A1c was 11.2. My lowest was 5.5. My most recent was 6.2.

Feel free to send me a message.

Cheers,

Shire