P90X and Insanity toned me up!!

Options
fallonrhea
fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
FYI...I'm super nervous about doing this. But here goes...

Before I started my fitness journey I looked like this (~148 pounds):

BeforeHeaviest_zps10da3b34.jpg

I decided to make a change and started to exercise a bit more. Lots of going to the gym and being more active...but I still ate ice cream every night. I dropped about 16 pounds just exercising and started to look like this (~132 pounds):

BeforeBikini_zpsd706c3e4.jpg

My fiance and I decided it was time to make a change. Not really to get a better body - but to become more fit so we became better at doing the things that we loved to do...like hiking, skiing/snowboarding, windsurfing. So we started P90X. Nearing the end of my first time of the program (without following the meal plan but watching calories) I started to shape up like this (~126 pounds):

BeforeP90X1_zps66961f31.png

After our first round of P90X, we stepped it up a notch. I religiously followed the diet plan (with little breaks around the holidays of course) and added Insanity as a hybrid...NOW I LOOK LIKE THIS!!! (~121 pounds):

BCA279E4-5245-4FCB-8C54-C5D44E481AF7-2512-000002D6FCA14A36_zps3e503bff-1_zpscc739dc9-1_zps6f45df9d.jpg

3CAD2737-A1E7-44DC-A610-6297EF098298-2512-000002D6EF890AAD_zps2eb2dfd6-1_zps7a587dfe.jpg

I feel amazing!! I'm so strong muscularly, cardiovascularly, emotionally, mentally...everything. My life is permanently changed for the better.

If I have one piece of advice - don't be in this to change the way you look in the mirror. Do this because it will make you stronger. It will make you healthier. IT WILL ONLY MAKE POSITIVE CHANGES IN YOUR LIFE.

The body will follow suit. I promise.

Replies

• Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Wow...so inspirational. You look great!
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Nice, you look great!! Congratulations :smile:

I'm thinking about doing P90X as well but I'm a little scared. It looks crazy!
  • witchyme
    witchyme Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    very inspiring! you look awsome, give me motivation!
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options

Thank you everyone!!

Don't be scared! I was scared too. I started the program barely being able to do 10 pushups on my knees. It was a HUGE struggle....

But now I can do 40 on my feet with perfect form. Yes, it's crazy. Yes, it hurts. But it gets you SO strong. Hard work and dedication is all it takes!

I struggled in the beginning with wanting to do the workouts and stick to the routine. I skipped days, I didn't eat great, but I still saw all kinds of positive changes in my life. I was happier, I was stronger, I could hike and snowboard better than I ever had before. This only made me want to step it up and put more of myself into it. You start WANTING to eat better...WANTING to get those workouts in...you become your own motivator in the end.
  • shesmartina
    shesmartina Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations!! You look absolutely fabulous!!

And yes, I get the feeling you have! When you start changing, you start to love those feelings; soreness, strenght, power, happyness!! :D
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    omg you look incredible!!

I'm thinking of doing insanity and would be sooo happy if i got results near yours!

xx
  • meowkapow
    meowkapow Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Looking hot!

When I finished Insanity I was happy about the weight loss but more grateful for the experience of challenging myself and succeeding. Nothing is too hard now!
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    You look smoking. Way to go very happy for you.:smile:
  • choosingsara
    choosingsara Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great!
  • vegas711
    vegas711 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Great job! Finishing up 2nd round of P90X myself
  • Leola2011
    Leola2011 Posts: 192
    Options

Thank you everyone!!

Don't be scared! I was scared too. I started the program barely being able to do 10 pushups on my knees. It was a HUGE struggle....

But now I can do 40 on my feet with perfect form. Yes, it's crazy. Yes, it hurts. But it gets you SO strong. Hard work and dedication is all it takes!

I struggled in the beginning with wanting to do the workouts and stick to the routine. I skipped days, I didn't eat great, but I still saw all kinds of positive changes in my life. I was happier, I was stronger, I could hike and snowboard better than I ever had before. This only made me want to step it up and put more of myself into it. You start WANTING to eat better...WANTING to get those workouts in...you become your own motivator in the end.

I think this is one of the smartest things I've read on here in a long while. Often I see posts where people are asking about how to stay motivated, get motivated, please give me some motivation, etc. But you hit the nail on the head. Small successes spark motivation and the only way to reach small successes is to feel the fear and do it anyway. Some of the best advice I've ever gotten was "Do it scared." I so appreciate your post!!
  • gioisa75
    gioisa75 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great. I'm halfway through my first round of P90X. I hope that I get some results from it.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    WOOOHOOO nicely done!!
  • jeanmoreno
    jeanmoreno Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    thats exactly how its feel !!!!! :-)

Thank you everyone!!

• TOMEKA18
    TOMEKA18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    wow...
  • KayronM
    KayronM Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Job well done
  • michmich68
    michmich68 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Leola said it best.

You look great and should be so proud of yourself!
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Wow! You didn't just bring it, you crushed it! You look amazing and should be proud!
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! I just finished round 1 of Insanity and I loved it. Have round 2 planned for later this year. Not sure about P90X though.

Thanks for sharing, you are an inspiration!
  • Nekhet
    Nekhet Posts: 380
    Options
    Awesome results and congrats on all your hard work. I am just past 30 days with P90X and have dropped 12 lbs and getting muscle and loving this program. I did a round last year but did not focus on the nutrition as I should have. This time I am being soooo much better about the diet and it shows.

Congrats again and way to bring it!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!