New Mom New Me :)

Options
I am currently a stay at home mom of an 8 week old beautiful baby girl! I would like to make some friends to be mutually encouraging. I am already amazed by browsing other people's successes and the kind words of support on this website.

In addition to my 70lb weight loss goal I am working on my ATTITUDE. My husband has helped me realize I can be unfortunately pessimistic...not just about weight loss, but life in general. There is too much joy to be had to live in fear of the future...so here I am!

Replies

• jeenater1
    Options
    Hi :) I'm a mum to a little 1 year old boy. You can add me if you like. I've only just joined today so need as much help as I can get. xx
  • jess82883
    Options
    Hi ladies! Same here :) Gave birth to a healthy baby boy 6 months ago, and am ready to lose the extra weight! I joined Gainesville Health and Fitness a few weeks ago..just like the rest of the country LOL. I'm using it as a much needed outlet for me to do something for myself. So far so good :) Please feel free to add me...I'd love to have a little network of encouragement.

36805142.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Luvmichnata
    Luvmichnata Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My babies are 14 and 16 years old!! Still happy to provide support to the new moms!! I remember it like yesterday.:happy:
  • GlowstickGirl
    GlowstickGirl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm a new mama to a 6 month old baby and still working on dropping that baby weight! Feel free to add me, it's always nice to have the support of other moms that are in the same boat. :)
  • TammyAcquaviva
    TammyAcquaviva Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've got a beautiful son nearly 3 1/2 yrs old. I've just started to make a change and set goals this month. Would love to have some friends with similar isslues and goals.

I've also been down the pessimist road and battled with depression (and won!) in the past so I know how hard it is to change that attitude and outlook. I also know it is very possible to turn things around into positives and doing things for yourself, such as trying to become more healthy is a great step in the right direction!

Please feel free to add me (anyone). I am on daily but this is my very first message post.

Tammy
  • wendyxdawn
    Options
    Thanks for all your responses and friend requests! What an encouragement already :)
  • BarbieQLoo
    BarbieQLoo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am a first-time mommy to a beautiful 20 month old girl. I luckily lost all the baby weight but I am having a hard time keeping my weight where I like it. I'm just looking for support from first-time mommies that understand what I am going through.
  • kelfer80
    kelfer80 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Not a NEW mom, but still a mom of 2 kiddos! My goal was to lose 70 lbs also. I've been doing MFP (AGAIN) so far this time for a month and am already down 16 lbs. I have to admit it is coming off a WHOLE lot easier now that I got my head in the game! I forever heard the quote "you have to want it bad enough.' Well, I thought I did. But, I mean bad enough that you will do everything in your power to make that thing happen! I decided after seeing pics of myself over Christmas that enough was enough! I was so tired of feeling trapped in that fat girl suit! I know that I have a loooooooooong road ahead
    , but this time it's gonna be different. This time I want it MORE than I want pizza and cheesecake!!! :)