Question about calorie intake

Options
jdier
jdier Posts: 110 Member
Hey everyone. I'm new to this site. I was under my goal for calorie intake yesterday. I am supposed to take in about 1500, but was at about 1200. Is this a bad thing? Thanks for your imput! :smile:
~jdier~

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    As long as you stay at or above 1200 (minus exercise calories; eg: you get 1500, burn 500 at gym, and don't eat any back, means you only "ate" 1000 cals and need to eat at least 200 back), you'll be fine :)
  • sportsqueen32
    sportsqueen32 Posts: 115
    Options
    Hi there, 1200 cal. is the minimum you should eat so I think being 300 under is fine as long as you got nutrient rich foods in. Just remember if you exercise you should also eat some of your calories back. Here hoping for some positive results!!
  • cshawn
    cshawn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem all the time. I'm always under my calorie intake but when I add something I go over my protein or carbs, which is better??
  • jdier
    jdier Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I would think protein would be better because you are building muscle when you work out. Is there a point when you can have too much protein?
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I mostly go by carbs, calories, and fats. If I keep those numbers in line, I'm still doing ok.