Hello from a Recent Grad

Hi there! My name is Danielle and I'm happy to be a new member of MFP! I'm a recent college graduate who's looking to stay fit and healthy. Even though I'm a healthy weight for my height and age group, I'm often susceptible to binge-eating out of boredom or stress. I think that logging my meals with this app will make it easier to be aware of what I'm putting into my body and I can learn to make better choices. I'm also new to exercising for the most part; aside from using the elliptical at the gym or doing some crunches, I've never really ventured past that. Now that I'm starting a new chapter in my life, I want that to change!

Looking forward to speaking to all of you, gaining some great tips, and getting the most out of My Fitness Pal! Have a great day :-)

Replies

• kylieannfran
    kylieannfran Posts: 102 Member
    I recently graduated in May. Starting a new healthier and more fit lifestyle! You can add me!
  • labgf4
    labgf4 Posts: 10
    Hi there! I'm a graduate student (will graduate this May!), and I know ALL about emotional eating (especially boredom and stress). Old habits die hard, but I have learned to get better at it. I don't have a gym membership so my workouts are usually at home or in the great outdoors. I try to switch it up because I get bored so easily!

Welcome to MFP! :smile:
  • journeyofjess
    journeyofjess Posts: 2 Member
    I'm also a brand new college grad! I graduated in May and just started my first full time job after a long term internship. It's exciting to be starting out life after college (I now feel like a "real" adult), but it's also scary :/ I've been working on my healthy lifestyle for a little over a year and have lost 32 pounds thus far (I lost about 15 additional pounds before joining MFP and really tracking my weight, but to curb confusion, we'll keep it at 32).

I was actually at a normal weight all through my childhood and pre- early teen years. I gained about 75 pounds in total from my senior year of high school - senior year of college. Like you, I did a lot of emotional eating. I was busy working and attending school, so I hit up fast food restaurants a lot for a quick meal. I didn't really notice the pounds adding up year after year, and if I did, I just didn't care or do anything to change it. I decided near the end of my college career (December 29, 2011) that I couldn't enter the next phase of life with the unhealthy habits I had gained.

Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • dvillano46
    dvillano46 Posts: 6 Member
    @journeyofjess - Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I'll be sure to add you :)
  • dvillano46
    dvillano46 Posts: 6 Member
    @labgf4 - Thanks so much! I don't have a gym membership either, so I will be doing a lot of at-home workouts as well.