In need of some more supportive buddies! :)

Options
Hey all!
I'm Ashley, I'm 20 years old and trying to get fit, healthy and happy with myself. Still have a long way to go and need some friends that can give some regular friendly support and advice. Still have about 55 (possibly more) pounds to go until I reach my goal weight, and since I have PCOS and insulin resistance, losing weight is as slow as a snail. Plus, coming next week I'll be purchasing a weight bench/weights so I can start lifting and it would be nice to have some advice on that...so anyone, feel free to add me! I'm friendly and will do my best to support you (and possibly make you laugh since I can't be serious for more than 20 minutes at a time.)

Replies

130942 Posts: 4
    Options
    How long has it been since you started?
    Kate
  • wikkedpink
    wikkedpink Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've been at this about 6 months. Have lost 38 so far, still have 55 or so to go.
  • Luvmichnata
    Luvmichnata Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You can add me Ashley. MFP has kept me on track and provided a lot of valuable advice. Best of luck to you!
  • BigBigBertha
    BigBigBertha Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm 21 yrs old, feel like I've just started doing this properly!
  • nightdragon70
    nightdragon70 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Ashley, you are in a great place and you will find lots of wonderful people that will support you.

Keep up the good work and enjoy the journey !
  • mewalters87
    Options
    Ashley,

I'm here to help support. Feel free to add me. I just started using My Fitness Pal about 57 days ago.
  • mytman
    mytman Posts: 218
    Options
    We would love to support you in your goals and also give you some people to bounce ideas off and to support you.

So welcome to the community and feel free to add me as a friend

Lets to this "live the moment"
  • chicken2v
    chicken2v Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm another with PCOS and understand how it complicates things.
  • rockstrzfem
    rockstrzfem Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    HI Ashley...ugh doesn't it suck to try to lose weight when you have a medical issue that hinders it? It feels like you have to work 3 times as hard as anyone around you. I have a pretty severe case of hypothyroidism and my levels are constantly off no matter what my medication dose is! I do twice the amount of work as my gym buddies and take in less calories and they are all kicking my butt when it comes to weight loss. I've lost about 6lbs so far (in about a month)...but I have high hopes. Having a good support system means more than the numbers on the scale!
  • kupping
    kupping Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley, and welcome to MFP. I am an old timer at this weight loss thing and although I had great success in 2010, the past 2 years have been more of a roller coaster ride for me. A recent bout of stomach flu has helped me realize I need to get back on track. Enough about me. I'm glad you are willing to work at a program that has had so much success with many people. Although some might see you as having a handicap with your medical issues, I hope that you will see it as a character building challenge. Please let me know if I can help you in any way.

God Bless,
    Kupp
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Lots of great support on here! Feel free to add me!
  • cjaynep
    cjaynep Posts: 40
    Options
    Would love some more pals, it's so motivating not just to be supported but also to be supportive. Every one please feel free to add me :)