the numbers arent adden up! or should i say not subtracting?

Options
okay, almost always @ 200 calories under, getting a good amount of excercise and nothing is changing. I always hear u hit a platue (sp) but i never started loosing. I have been measuring too, nothing! ugh, anyone got suggestions to get me off to a good start.....

Replies

• TJ26
    TJ26 Posts: 35
    Options
    Maybe try eating those extra calories to boost your metabolism. Or add extra veggies and fish and eat less bread. Goood luck!
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Did you see what your intake was based on your BMR (for woman: BMR = 10 * weight(kg) + 6.25 * height(cm) - 5 * age(y) - 161) and then subtract 500 calories from that to lose weight? Maybe you aren't eating enough protein...
  • lilmissyjenn
    Options
    no i guess i never thought i wasnt eating enough. I dont eat fish, what else is high in protien? I am going to check the BMI thing now too...
  • candicemcl
    candicemcl Posts: 59
    Options
    Turkey, chicken are great sources of protein...and protein shakes
  • mommymosser
    Options
    Are you taking any medications that would cause weight gain?? That happened to me last year eating 1200 cal for 3 month and lost a few pounds. Then found out my meds cause you to gain weight. Thanks Doc! tell me to loose and give me drugs to gain without telling me. Just a thought!
  • bacallmarie
    bacallmarie Posts: 25
    Options
    How long has this been going on for? The same thing happened to me for about 2 weeks maybe a little longer...no weight loss and no inches lost. Then I hurt my ankle and couldnt work out and funny enough the inches and pounds started coming off...
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,987 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I assume that you are carefully weighing and measuring your food, drinking lots of water (half your body weight in ounces) staying away from caffeine, white sugar, white flour, and artificial sweeteners and eating nutrition dense food........if not, then you might need to make some changes in these areas along with what everybody else has suggested.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Turkey, chicken are great sources of protein...and protein shakes
    nuts, PB and other nut butters, tuna, yogurt, cottage cheese, other cheeses, other dairy products, probably lots more I'm missing.

Jenn, a couple hundred cals might not seem much but it's alot to our bodies, consider bumping them up like suggested and as barbiecat added get all that water in and careful on the portions, you may not have to weigh your foods forever but most do at the beginings simply to learn what 2 oz. of chicken really looks like. Cereals all vary as to what an oz. is so it's far easier to weigh it than perhaps go way over or way under.

Undereating is not any better than overeating. You'ver come to a new land, where dieting is over and a healthy lifestyle of eating begins!:flowerforyou: It takes a bit of time to understand the difference in the two but when you do you'll be lovin' it and wonder what took you so long to run to this side:laugh: :tongue:

Hang in there Girl you'll do just fine!

Becca:heart: