21 pounds lost! (With pics)

Options
I can't believe I let myself get this large, I looked preggers!! It was pretty painful for me to take the first pic of myself in my underwear and now share it but it was a wake up call! I'll NEVER let myself get like that again!

I lost the weight fairly gradually by eating about 1200-1700 cals depending on how much exercise I do (so eating some exercise cals back). I walk my dogs each day and exercise about 4 x a week either a gym session, swim (only about 30-45 mins) or a short exercise DVD (30 mins). I've done Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and I'm now doing her Ripped in 30. I've fallen of the wagon lots (putting on and losing the same 5 pounds for a good two months at one point!) but got back on it!

I quit smoking last July too and a lot f my weight gain was from repeated failed attempts to quit. I can't believe I've got to 7 months now. I feel over it now and able to focus on my weight problem now.

At least 50 more pounds to go!! I've got holidays and weddings coming up (my own and best friend's) so got to do this! I've struggled with weight all my life so I'm determined to make this a permanent change. Love MFP!

2j4sxgp.jpg

Replies

• wannabtight
    wannabtight Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Great work! Can't believe its only a 20 lb loss>amazing!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Nice work! huge difference for 21lbs... can I borrow your belly, its a lot smaller than mine??
  • michmich68
    michmich68 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I see abs! Good for you for doing this for yourself. You look great. And congrats on quitting smoking!
  • tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    AMAZING. Love your progress and your hard work!
  • Nohemy1
    Nohemy1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :happy: WAY TO GO !!!!! VERY MOTIVOTIONAL I HAVE BEEN A HEAVY SET GIRL MOST OF MY LIFE AS WELL AND AFTER MY 20'S IT SEEMS LIKE I AM NOT ABLE TO GET BELOW THE 200 MARK..... TO ACTUALLY SEE YOUR BEFORE AND AFTER MARK IS VERY ENCOURAGING. YOU CAN DEFINETLY MEET YOUR GOAL!!!
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    WOW! You are looking great!
  • stennis
    stennis Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • prettymorbidity
    prettymorbidity Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    get it girl! looky at abs coming through ! and your boobs look way better too! your back is stronger and you aren't hunched over! thats my problem !
  • DVMcGhie
    DVMcGhie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Look amazing!! Thanks for the inspiration.
  • sugarlips1980
    sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your encouraging comments! Ha ha my boobs kept spilling over my bras back then!
  • trollsb
    trollsb Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Going so well, it amazing when you look at pictures side by side.
  • shelbysp8
    shelbysp8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Great job! You have done AWESOME! Not just weight loss but the quitting smoking! SO Woohoo And keep up the good work!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Great progress....keep up the fantastic work!
  • Narc_soda
    Narc_soda Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    WTG!
  • reklawn
    reklawn Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    that 20 made a huge difference. congrats!
  • sheofthesea
    sheofthesea Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Good job - the difference in your stomach is amazing!
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    So prouda you bud!
    It's been good having our little competition, even if you're beating me (just now, HA!). You've done amazingly, can't wait to see how you get on as you progress.

Love you x
  • Lexieberry
    Lexieberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    looking good! great job ;)
  • sugarlips1980
    sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to post my next progress pics! My motto at the moment is 'this month's diet is next month's body'!
  • michellejm1968
    michellejm1968 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You should be so proud of yourself - I tried (& failed) to stop smoking many, many times & gained weight each time. I finally managed it at the age of 35 & subsequently ballooned to 15st (210lbs) which was ridiculous for only 5ft tall. I wish I could have stopped at your age and put a stop to my weight gain once and for all! Keep going - You look brilliant!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!