Friends who want to maintain muscle/strength & lean out.

Options
Hello. I'm a 41 year old who loves working out and getting stronger (I've been at it for about 3-4 years now). I would like to lean down and maintain (or even increase) my current strength levels. My main weakness is laziness in tracking and sticking to clean eating....my diet is my achiles. That being said, I've been steadily gaining strength and conditioning for the last several years. I'm looking for friends to share motivation, support and advice. Please add me if interested.

Replies

• SleepySin
    SleepySin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 28 years old and I share similar goals with you in terms of increasing strength and getting more lean. I've dropped about 3% body fat, 13lbs (from my heaviest) and increased muscle mass within the last 3-4 months. I also eat a fairly clean vegan diet - processed foods stay to a minimum. :)
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I would like for this to be happening, but it seems that although I am only working on a 250 calorie a day deficit, I am losing strength :cry: If you figure out the magic formula, please let me know!
  • dossas
    dossas Posts: 6
    Options
    Hello mavd.
    What is your current workout like? From my understanding, we need to be lifting heavy to maintain strength.

Hello Sleepy.
    Sounds like you are doing things right. Are you fairly new to lifting? The gains you are stating are usually what new lifters (first year or so) experience.