Coffee Creamer Substitues

Options
I am an avid coffee drinker, but I wanted to try to avoid the calories and sugar in the creamers. I have found Cinnamon Spice and French Vanilla Cool Whip. It is 25 calories and 1 gm sugar for 2 tablespoons. It does take a few days to get used to the decrease of the sweetness, but I am hooked now.

Any other recommendations?

Replies

• seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    i've been trying to make myself drink coffee...i mix vanilla protein powder with almond milk and shake it up real good to dissolve it, then pour it into the coffee and add some artificial sweetener. it's not super low cal thanks to the protein powder but it's a nice way to sneak in some more protein.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I make cold brewed coffee so I can keep a big pitcher in the fridge for the week. Then I use protein powder and sometimes greek yogurt too, depending on how many calories I want in my "breakfast". And I also use regular old half and half.
  • Faulkners407
    Faulkners407 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Pure protein shakes, chocolate from costco. Pour desired amount into coffee. When I dz this, my shake is my breakfast. It taste like a mocha.

I used to be addicted to coffee mate. But switched to cream w sugar, now use heavy whipping cream. Creamy. And 60 calories tablespoon. But zero sugar. And sugar is my issue. .

Also for flavor, we dump a pile of ground cinnamon on the grounds in the filter. Smells good while brewing and gives it a yummy flavor.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    It's not a creamer, but I use the Torani sugar-free syrups. They come in a wide assortment of flavors (even had peppermint around Christmas).
    0 calories :-)
    (I know....artificial sweetners -- go ahead and bash me for that.....LOL)
    Kaye
  • kblpn
    kblpn Posts: 32
    Options
    Wow, I wouldnt have thought to make a protein shake. And I love the tourani syrups. World market (in store and online) has tons of flavors, and usually they have really good half-off deals.
  • mike_littlerock
    mike_littlerock Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I usually get a piece of Sheetrock from home depot and use a cheese grater (or sandpaper) to shave off a bit for my coffee.. makes it look just like the powdered "creamer".. Sure it tastes like crap, and might be hazardous to my health, but its cheap and has ZERO calories. LOL
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    The sugar free coffee mates taste pretty good. If you aren't afraid of artificial sweeteners, then these are worth looking into as they have a nice variety of flavors as well.