Frustrated today!!

Options
Has anyone ever wanted to just eat and not worry about it... that's how I feel today. First time since I started. I know it's just one day, so I think I will just log everything, but I am tired today about caring about my blood sugar or my weight...ugh... Have you ever felt like this and what do you do?

Replies

• fatladysings72
    Options
    Please help me with this.. Thanks.
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the real world honey!!! First a big hug to you. It sucks when you watch those around you eat the cookies, or bread or pasta or whatever and know that you shouldn't have it. I struggle with this all the time. I have to step back and sometimes even remove my myself form the food I want to eat,. I have also found that when I have a little, I want more and more. It's a balancing act and it's constantly changing. Try to find that spot that works for you. Use this site! It's great that you posted this!! Keep after it!! Love and hugs, Becky
  • kkimber2
    kkimber2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ok last night I was curious about my weight since it really hasn't gone down a bunch so I though I would measure my waist and arms and I think I have lost 2 inches from both. I don't understand how that can be without losing lbs. I have noticed that my pants and undergarments are fitting a little loose. Can this be acurate?
  • hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I have! Yesterday was one of them. I do really well when I'm a work, but I struggle in the evenings and on the weekend. Yesterday, I made sure to call my mom and have her tell me that I had to go walk. She laughed and told me to. Then I asked her to call me back later to make me accountable. On those days, I seek help from anyone that will hold me accountable...my mom, my best friend, my boyfriend, anyone. I tell them I'm going to eat well and work out and ask them to check on me later to make sure I did it. That is how I overcome those days. I hope this can help.

As for the eating urge, I will make a 100 calorie bag of microwave popcorn and eat only one or two kernels at a time. That way I get the fullfillment of eating something that won't derail my whole day.
  • alt1268
    alt1268 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, especially if your exercising. That is why it is important to take measurements. Good job!
  • abcindy
    abcindy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I felt that occasionally. For a while I'll just feel like giving up and not have to crack my head over what I can eat. But I guess my new lifestyle was already starting to be ingrained. :) Hang in there. It will become almost like second nature.
  • fatladysings72
    Options
    Ok last night I was curious about my weight since it really hasn't gone down a bunch so I though I would measure my waist and arms and I think I have lost 2 inches from both. I don't understand how that can be without losing lbs. I have noticed that my pants and undergarments are fitting a little loose. Can this be acurate?
    [/quote

Although this is unrelated to what I posted... lol... you absolutely can lose inches and not lbs.. be proud of your accomplishment!!
  • fatladysings72
    Options
    "On those days, I seek help from anyone that will hold me accountable...my mom, my best friend, my boyfriend, anyone. I tell them I'm going to eat well and work out and ask them to check on me later to make sure I did it. That is how I overcome those days. I hope this can help."

The very first response in the thread is my accountablilty person I believe! She has really helped me and has been a supportive friend from the beginning! Thanks, Becky!