100 LBS lost w/pics

Options
This is my first post, so hi all, I've been using myfitnesspal for almost a year now and I've been reading the forums for all the great advice that people post and love seeing the success stories. I really had to build up the courage to post this because in my eyes I still see the large person that I used to be, I can see the changes in the pictures but in the mirror is a whole different story.

I was always the heavier type of person throughout growing up and had lost weight before but by the time i graduated high school i was 260 pounds. My first 3 years of college I got up to 300 and being a criminal justice major with a dream career of being a police officer I knew i had to do something about my weight. During my junior year in college I joined the local YMCA at my school and got into lifting weights but never changed my eating. This is a photo of me towards the end of junior year at 300 pounds.
540354_3493673374421_2010335561_n.jpg
315617_2339541801853_1415963931_n.jpg

Over the summer before my senior year which is this year I had lost 14 pounds and was down to 286 which was a start. When I got back to school I really focused on changing my eating habits, as it was always what had held me back as I loved to eat, it took awhile to get used to and I also started to incorporate more cardio into my workouts and stopped lifting for awhile. With the changed eating habits I had gotten down to 227 when I went home for Thanksgiving. After Thanksgiving I continued my journey and got to where I am today at 200 pounds. It was not easy but it was well worth it and I believe that with hard work and dedication anybody should be able to achieve their goals. The pictures below are me at my current weight with a couple before and afters side by side.

66711_10151277537847092_1997341149_n.jpg
d0360df2b11021d8f111591a044589e8.jpeg
BB3v_ucCEAAdOf_.jpg:large

If the pictures show up wrong I apologize. I'm now aiming at lifting more weights with a cardio day or 2 during the week now and have been at it for a month to try and fill in some loose skin as I did lose the weight fairly quickly and my goal weight is right around 190 so I am 10 pounds away. Feel free to add me on here if you would like and thank you for reading my story.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!