Options
2»

Replies

• emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I am training for my triathlon June 23!
    SO I do 3 days running, 2 days biking, and 1 day swimming
    I also do weights three times a week, a body pump class and kick boxing class
  • momasox
    momasox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I workout during my lunch hour at work. There is a gym in my building. I get bored very easy so I change it up a lot. I do classes at least a couple times a week. I also do the elliptical or treadmill and weights.

Mainly I try to just workout until my HRM tells me I've burned at least 450 calories. If I work hard enough I can do that in 45 mins.
  • thisbe12go
    thisbe12go Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    my diary is open. you can see my exercise by looking at mon\wed\fri
  • CloneSN
    CloneSN Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm doing an hour on the arc trainer on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and some Sundays. I also play my drums on Friday (which actually burns calories as well). I'm going to work on weights after i shed all the weight.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Right now I am doing Insanity but when I go to the gym my week looks something like this:

Monday: 30 min cardio; chest/legs
    Tuesday: 30 min cardio; back/abs
    Wednesday: 30 min cardio; shoulders/legs
    Thursday: 30 min cardio; tri's/abs
    Friday: 30 min cardio; bi's/legs

On ab and leg day I do different exercises. When starting over the following week I use different equipment for example if I used the lat machine for my back the next week I'll use the assisted pull up machine and do 1 arm pullups, regular pull ups etc. and for the other days if I used the smith press then I'll use free weights the next time around.

When the weather is nice out I usually take the dog for a long, brisk walk in the evening as well.

When I'm done with Insanity and back at the gym I'm probably going to continue with at least a 6 (or even 7) days a week exercise routine.
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm doing an hour on the arc trainer on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and some Sundays. I also play my drums on Friday (which actually burns calories as well). I'm going to work on weights after i shed all the weight.
    Just my opinion, but you will have less flab if you tone as you go. Meaning, you should incorporate some kind of weight training NOW. I lost over 100 pounds, and I'm not that flabby because I was toning as I go. I'm not saying you have to be intense about it, start out with a little bit, and gradually increase as you lose weight. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or want some suggestions!
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Minimum hour daily on stationary bike, at max resistance.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Mon: Upper Body weights
    Tues: Cardio 30-45
    Wed: Lower Body weights
    Thurs: Cardio 30-45 mins
    Fri: Upper Body
    Sat: Group fitness class then Softball
    Sun: Rest.....Sometimes :/

(alternate the weights exercise weekly so on the following Monday I do Lower body etc)

Every two weeks I have a personal trainer kick butt and to keep me in check
  • crabbyklaws
    Options
    I have set days and times. In the past I didn't have a set schedule and I would miss getting to work out because I would have something that had to be done.

But, I know every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday at 7:30 I'll be doing 35 mins of aerobics and 25 mins of toning.

And Saturday is bonus day. I will get out and do something physically challenging and fun - bike rides, hike, snow shoe something
  • roro1925
    roro1925 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM so when i first started on my weight loss journey last August, I would walk for an hour to an hour and a half a day with my 2 year old in her jogging stroller. Then i gradually began slowly jogging with the stroller on and off. Then one day i decided that i wanted to start running seriously....entered my first 5k and fell in love. I started running solo since then and currently run 5 miles every day. I also do weight training 3-4 times a week....deadlifts, squats, lost of arm stuff and an ab set, etc...
    I believe the biggest key to success is finding something you really love and would look forward to doing. Like someone else said, give a few things a whirl and see what u really enjoy doing and don't be afraid to change it up either!!
    Good luck!