First timer here :)

Options
Hey,
my names Becky from the UK. iv had this app for a while but never used it but i am determined to stick by it now!! Please any of you, with open diaries especially, please add me so it gives me some inspiration.

Replies

• Kbmom03
    Kbmom03 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. This app is wonderful and helps you track everything you eat. Hope you have good luck with it!
  • EmilyWest1919
    EmilyWest1919 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a 34 yo mom of 3 kiddos under 6 years old. I've been on MFP for about 6 months and am a true believer. I've lost 38 lbs so far and have about 15 to go:0)! My advice, log daily (even bad days), drink lots of water and eat as many fruits and veggies as you can (to make less room for the bad stuff). You're gonna do great;0)!
  • peddles84
    Options
    Hi It's my first time to. Hoping to drop 12lb for July as I'm bring a bridesmaid for my friend in Croatia :) x
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I might not keep my diary open but I am definitely up for helping, motivating and supporting you :) Feel free to add me!
  • teshiburu
    teshiburu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    good luck Becky if you need any help just ask xx
  • beckoneon
    beckoneon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    wow didnt expect that many replies so quickly... thanks alot. :)

im wondering how many calories to set myself a day...when i first got the app i must have answered some questions and it gave me 1200 but im really struggling to not go over..iv now changed it to 1350 but how do i know if i need to increase it or lower it ??

bit stuck :-\ x
  • ECatherineS
    Options
    Having friends on here is what got me to stick to it! Anyone can add me! I love the motivation and helping to motivate others! =]
  • EmilyWest1919
    Options
    The first few weeks are kinda rough. You battle staying under goal with being hungry. That's what will help to teach you what to eat (filling fiber and protein packed items) rather than what you shouldn't (high cal with no substance or filling qualities). This is where the lots of fruits and veggies come in. Rough answer, but time will tell...
  • Neon_Apple
    Neon_Apple Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a first timer too! Trust me, this site is super useful, 1 week in and I lost 4 pounds!
    And I have an opendiary account! That I like, never use, but I might just do that now!
    But yeah, totally feel free to add me, totally here for support if you need it! And Emily is so right , I completely agree with her, (I know, I know, "you've only been here a week, what do you know?", but I picked up on things kinda quick haha )
    PS, I'm 19 from USA and I totally look like a creeper with not much of a profile or pic because I'm super lazy and technology is just NOT my thing.
  • EmilyWest1919
    Options
    Oh, and oatmeal in the morning helps (is that the same as porridge in the UK?) and hard boiled eggs as a snack help to fill you up without being a calorie bomb.
  • beckoneon
    Options
    yep thats porridge....im not too keen on porridge but will give it ago and also never made hard boiled eggs before haha...i need to do some cooking!
    Think i tried it once but went totally wrong so didnt bother again :)

Thanks for the replies guys..can already see me getting addicted to this so hopefully it'll work
  • katiepatati
    katiepatati Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs.. easy... pan of boiling water, put your eggs in and leave for about 5-7 mins
  • LesCalvert
    LesCalvert Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi Becky, I've only been on here a week and love it!!
    Will add you now.
  • beckoneon
    Options
    ok sis i'll try the eggs in the morning for 6 mins and will update u all ;) i love them too but i never knew how long for, people tell me different!
  • AMM9112
    Options
    I'm a first timer too! Nice to know there are others out there just starting out. Looking for friends and inspiration!
  • hailli_logan
    hailli_logan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started a little while back! I have been looking for friends on here as well so that I have others to keep me accountable.