FillingSnack/Meal Idea

Options
Sooooo I don't know if it's the winter or what, but I've been so hungry lately. I need some new filling snacks that won't kill my calories for the day. Anyone have good ones to share?

PS: One of mine is Quest protein bars in Apple Pie flavor. Microwave it for 7-10 seconds. Amazing. I just can't afford to eat 2 a day haha

Replies

• sabrinalindsay88
    Options
    My fave snacks are special k double choc chip bars... only 80 calories and so delicious, and Special K cracker crisps... only 100 calories a bag :)
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs always work for me.
  • sarafay80
    sarafay80 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Celery and peanut butter
    strawberries (halved)
    small apple
    cottage cheese
    cheese stick
    cashews

All of these fill me up pretty well until the next meal. And everything but the cottage cheese can go in my purse and doesn't need to be refrigerated.
  • syringa54
    syringa54 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When I diet I like to have half an apple cut into thin slices, a wedge of laughing cow cheese, 20 special k crackers, some thin sliced low sodium deli turkey and a glass of water with airborne or e-mergency in it. Since there are lots of little things to eat you feel like your are getting to eat more and it kills the sweet tooth and the salt craving monster inside you. The vitamin water replenishes you if you are getting low on any vities. All and all about 250 cals. Or if you want a quick easy fix, Oatmeal. Super filling, long lasting and you can make it non-boring pretty easily.
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I forgot about options like oatmeal and hard boiled eggs. Trader Joe's has already cooked and peeled eggs...love TJ's
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Soup - Especially on a cold winter day.
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Oiko's Greek Yogurt, tasty & filling 150 cals
  • tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    carrots and hummus. TJ's eggplant hummus is really good.
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    1/2 and Avocado & Sliced Tomato with a little salt (150 cals)
    Dark Chocolate Cocoa Roasted Almonds (150-160 cals depending on brand)
    Sliced Apple w/ 2 TBSP PB2 (150 cals)
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Here's what I had last night before bed (instead of a glass of wine :/)

1 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese
    5 spanish olives
    graham cracker with Nutella spread
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    1/2 and Avocado & Sliced Tomato with a little salt (150 cals)
    Dark Chocolate Cocoa Roasted Almonds (150-160 cals depending on brand)
    Sliced Apple w/ 2 TBSP PB2 (150 cals)

I LOVE Dark Chocolate Cocoa Roasted Almonds....forgot about those!!!
  • liz827
    liz827 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    My AM snack is usually a granny smith apple and a cheese stick. Lately my PM snack has been Oikos yogurt, 12 Blue Diamond Coffee Mocha Almonds and 3-6 strawberries. Keeps me full till dinner!
  • daisylovespink
    daisylovespink Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My favorite morning snack has been 1/2 cup frozen raspberries, 1/2 cup non fat Chobani vanilla greek yogurt and 1/8 cup almonds (measure then chop them) I put it all together the night before or when I get up and by the time I go to eat it the raspberries have thawed so I just mix it all together and yummy! About 200 calories and lots of protien, plus the raspberries help keep my sweet tooth in check!