Any one else piled on the lbs having given up smoking?

Options

Replies

• alt1268
    alt1268 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I quite smoking and restarted my weight loss journey in December. Sometimes its hard, but then I excercise and forget I even want a cigarette.
  • scerri41
    Options
    I have gained 1 stone since packing up smoking 3 months ago and have just started my diet and excersise to try and start shifting some of this extra weight. I am cycling to/from work 4 days a week now so hopefully with good diet and this excersise the weight will come off. So hard not smoking but glad I quit and this time for good as I do not want the stress of the weight gain to start me smoking again.
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    My 6 year quite anny was 1/21. I gained 40 lbs from quitting smoking. Part of my problem was using Tootsie Pops to deal with my hand/mouth habit.
  • melacaron
    melacaron Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Today, it has been 1 year I quit smoking, I did put on maybe 15 lbs (which is the reason im on here). But pounds gained or not this was the best decision I have ever made! I feel so much better and healthier! :)
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I am HERE because I quit smoking. I think I gained 20 lbs in about 15 minutes the day I quit.
  • emmph
    emmph Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking the same day I started my diet so I'm hoping it will balance out! I'm trying to get fit and after going on my first jog tonight, I'm hacking my lungs up! Keeping strong though!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking 17 years ago and that started me on my first weight loss journey. You can do it!
  • shellbellnz
    shellbellnz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yes I dd put on some weight when I stopped smoking. I treated myself to food and things to get me through. But hey I haven't had a cigarette for nearly 2 years so it was worth putting on a few kilos. Don't beat yourself up about it.
  • rsjohnb
    rsjohnb Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    SNAP :smile: