MFP, TDEE AND BMR

Options
I know this is not a new topic...Im not here to argue the difference I am just curious who does what?

Reply and let me know if you follow MFP (1200), BMR,TDEE - 20%, or a combo of both???

Replies

• Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm currently following MFP with a net goal of 1620. This is based on my current weight, being sedentary and wanting to lose 0.5lb a week. I've said I'm sedentary so I can eat back all my exercise calories. So I eat about 2000-2500 a day, but burn off around 500-1200 through gym workouts, walking to and from work, cleaning and running.
    Working for me so far - 5lb off in 3 weeks which I'm happy enough with. Will re-evaluate if I get stuck, though.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I use BMR plus 200 for maintenance. It's been working for 2 years so I'm sticking with it.
  • nicosuave2013
    nicosuave2013 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    sorry i should have specified for weight loss....although BMR plus 200 is good to know foe the future :)
  • LemonMint6
    Options
    My BMR and TDEE-20% (sedentary) are nearly the same. like within 50 calories of each other. So, I've set my calories to 1600 and eat my exercise calories back (If I'm hungry.) When I have consistently done a fitness routine, a consistent amount of days per week, then I might switch to TDEE-20% but with the exercise added in, but for now, I need to accountability of recording my work out BEFORE I eat more. :)