Bladder Infections :(

Options
So I just got over a really bad cold/congestion sickness..woke up this morning feeling much better but ended up having a bladder infection.. I was on antibiotics for my cold for a week and just got done taking those but now on new meds for the bladder :( I took the medicine and feeling a lot better but my question is..is it okay to workout with a bladder infection and if not when would it be okay to start again? Probably not a post a lot of you want to read about but I'm just looking for some help lol Thank you hope everyone is having a great day!

Replies

• CajunLisa
    Options
    I have had a few bladder infections in the last few months since my gastric surgery...they SUCK! :( I don't know if you are taking a different antibiotic for that infection as opposed to the cold you had...but our bodies need a strong antibiotic to fight off these types of infections so make sure you see your doctor...I have one right now and am on a second round of stronger antibiotics :( That said, I am still at the gym everyday working out...just having to go to the restroom a little more often... LOL It hasn't bothered me as much being at the gym...I find the most problems I have associate with it are riding the stationary bikes because it gives me the sensation of having to pee more often...Good luck!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say this but I really think you need to just rest right now. You need to give your body a chance to just focus on fighting the infection. Also exercise could dehydrate you, which you really don't want right now.

Keep taking the meds, get some rest and drink plenty. Avoid cranberry juice - despite all the hype it's loaded with sugar which just feeds the bugs. Instead have a glass of tepid water with half a teaspoon of bicarb of soda in - really neutralises your pee which will help flush out the bacteria.

Hope you feel better soon.
  • Jperez08
    Jperez08 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well as badly as I want to work out I really don't want to make things worse :( Thank you for the help!
  • tkjuggler
    tkjuggler Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would not workout for some time, and I would definitely consult my doctor before I start to exercise!
  • sharonmunday90
    sharonmunday90 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Ive suffered wuth uti's for years and am now diagnosed with ic. i woukd say exercise but take it real gentle and try not to get too hot down below. make sure you take some really good probiotics as youve been on antibitics and they scew you up.

Hope you feel better soon x
  • Kellyeee2013
    Options
    I would take care of your health first.
  • redwillow5150
    Options
    I was diagnosed either a bladder infection. I AM NOT exercising but the doctor gave me the wrong antibiotics. I have nit improved. When will this obsession stop, My love affair with the toilet has to end soon. I am miserable