Sooo...I weigh in tomorrow. (Any wrestlers?)

What's the best way to make sure I can hit my goal despite fluctuation yesterday?

I'm trying to stay low on sodium and drink a ton of water.

Any other ideas for making sure I flush my system overnight?

Replies

• seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    if you're thinking like fighting weigh in then you want to not drink anything for awhile. like my husband would put water in his mouth, swish it around, and spit it out for like 12 hours leading up to his weigh ins. your body initially will hold on to its water since you're not drinking more, but over a long enough period of time you basically just start to dehydrate.

really i would just make sure you pee (and #2 if possible) in the morning and weigh yourself with no clothes before eating anything. unless you're actually weighing in for a fight there's no reason to go that extreme.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Just weigh as normal.

If you do any 'quick fix' tonight you will need to do it every week and it will only be this week you will see the benfit. For example, if you did dehydrate and lose an extra pound for the morning that pound will go back on when you rehydrate meaning next week you need to dehydrate again so that initial '1lb boost' will only be the same 1lb every week, not extra.

Made sense in my head...
  • Just weigh as normal.

If you do any 'quick fix' tonight you will need to do it every week and it will only be this week you will see the benfit. For example, if you did dehydrate and lose an extra pound for the morning that pound will go back on when you rehydrate meaning next week you need to dehydrate again so that initial '1lb boost' will only be the same 1lb every week, not extra.

Made sense in my head...

It makes sense. I am weighing in for my dietbet and my weight fluctuates so much sometimes...I don't want to be losing money!
  • for some reason, if i drink a few (or several) vodka and diet tonics i will drop a huge amount the next day. maybe give that a try :drinker: :happy:
  • olsondre
    olsondre Posts: 198 Member
    I used to wear a rubber suit and ride the exercise bike in the sauna. I do not recommend this for you though