buddies do help....I would love/need more.

Options
Good morning. I'm 47 and of course overweight or else why would I be here. Anyway, I've been on this journey for a little less than a month and feel like I have good motivation but there are days where words of encouragement may be the only thing to keep me going. There are so many positive people out there and I would love to have more mentors. I know you all have been through this and your thoughts and words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Replies

• 2Cute2Bobese
    2Cute2Bobese Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi...I am a "newbie" to this site and am very impressed with everyone's enthusiam and dedication. I too am in need of friends and available to give and receive words of encouragement and/or advice.

Let's do this!!!:smile:
  • lakinah
    Options
    Congratz on the 9lb loss! Keep pushin sis, U GOT THIS :-)
  • SwimSoccerTaxi
    SwimSoccerTaxi Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I will offer support and encouragement. I'm on this site daily (well...I'll be honest....multiple times during the day....kinda addictive:laugh: ). Good luck on your journey.
  • Luvmichnata
    Luvmichnata Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You can add me! We're the same age if that helps any....Good luck!
  • skinnyiverson
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. I am not an expert but can offer some support and buddyism. :flowerforyou:
  • starrlightbright
    Options
    I just turned 50 in December! I have been on myfitnesspal in the past and it does work. I just fail to stick with it. I can't seem to stay motivated. I am on a roller coaster. I started entrying my meals today. I am not ready to weigh myself again. The last time I was on myfitnesspal was about a month ago. Does anyone have good ideas how to stay motivated!
  • starrlightbright
    Options
    Motivation ideas welcomed and needed!
  • kjcripe123
    kjcripe123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'd love to cheer you on! Feel free to add me - I need it as well as I begin this journey of weight loss - the right way.
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...the more support...the better!!!
  • kjcripe123
    kjcripe123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My motivation was my 5 year old 'working out' to Just Dance 3 because she didn't want to get a 'big tummy'. And i think it just clicks when the time is right. I've never been one to stick to anything but something seems different about this. Granted I'm only on day 25 but I'm down 10 and haved logged in several times a day and haven't gone over my caloric goal yet.
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    sent you an add request. I will support you any way i can. I am also on east coast :)
  • hlb99
    hlb99 Posts: 26
    Options
    You can add me! We can all use the extra support! The more friends the better here. :)