Desperate to stop eating a lot at night Please help with ide

Options
njjswim
njjswim Posts: 178 Member
I am desperate to be good at night. I don't know something triggers in my head that says it's okay to start snacking at like 9-10 PM. I work a stressful job then come home to cook, clean, take kids to soccer and after school stuff, homework, then I am dog tired and start eating. Everyday we are going somewhere, sports, school activities, church and I barely have time on the weekends with games to attend to clean the house, and the pets. It never ends. I get up early to workout every day I walk, jump on the trampoline, swim, and lift weights and eating at work salads and healthy foods but at night I am just screwed. Please give advice maybe to stop the triggers. I know go to bed first and forwmost but it must be more then that.....

Replies

• AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough during the day. I found that if i eat more for breakfast and lunch I stop eating at night.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I'm a night snacker too and a few days ago I bought some hard candies (I chose sugar free but they wouldn't have to be) and Whenever I've been craving 'something sweet' or a snack but I know I'm not hungry I drink some water and pop a candy and it keeps my mouth and my taste buds occupied with FAR less damage! Baskin robbins were the candies I bought and the flavors are awesome!!
  • aharm30
    aharm30 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try drinking sparkling mineral water at night before bed. (or at that time when you get hungry) It can help a lot. Also, brush your teeth and maybe you won't feel liike snacking. ~ Best wishes
  • VeronicaManuel
    VeronicaManuel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I used to do the same at night. I began by just getting myself to bed to relax and try and fall asleep no matter what my kids were doing. I figured if my husband was going to stay up, he'd make sure the kids got to bed at a decent hour. I guess it's thinking of all the things you've done in a day, and how tiered you are and the things you must do the next. Anxiety has been my major trigger for overeating at night. So I began painting my nails if I wasn't sleepy. I found it hard to ruin my polish by sticking my hand in the cookie jar, or potato chip bag. After that I just began to slow down, and think "do I really want this, will it solve my problems, how happy will I be after I eat this [whatever temps you]?". Others simply get in a warm tub sit and relax, give yourself a facial, pick up a book and focus on what your reading. Anything to get the idea that eating something at the hour you don't particularly want will make you happy. Start small, eat some veggies if you must snack, a handful of popcorn. It takes tons of practice, but for me slowing down and thinking about it forced me to make the right moves. Hopefully you've found some of these tips helpful. Have a great Friday!
  • njjswim
    njjswim Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    thanks your right just reading, painting my nails seems to help I need to just do something for myself and get out of that kitchen and the pantry...by the way nice picture