new to myfitnesspal

Normally I don't use computer programs that you have to add everything each day. I find that this can be frustrating and take a long time. I am getting better at it with patience and just adding more and more of my personal foods.

I am 56 years old and would like to lose 20 to 25 lbs. I am really stuck right now. Haven't lost anything and am being sooo good about recording everything I eat. One thing I have learned is to lower the amount of sodium and increase the liquids. I thought I was eating a great organic tomato soup but it turned out to have 1500 mg of sodium for 2 cups!! It put me over 3,000mg for the day. I also learned that I love carbs!!
Anyone else have that problem? I can do with a little sweetness but carbs I could eat all day.

One idea I ran across is mixing protein powder into my coffe in the morning. It doesn't taste too bad and it is very good for you. I am just trying to reach the correct balance of carbs, fats, protein and sodium. I know the weight will come off eventually.

I also need to start exercising again. I love to walk and work in the garden, so with winter I need to start using my exercise tapes again and just can't seem to get going.

Is anyone out there using Alli? Did it help? I haven't found it to make a difference. Obviously since I haven't lost any weight!!!:frown:

Would love to hear from anyone that things Weight Watchers is worth the money? What other programs have helped people to successful?

Hope to hear from you all.:happy:

Sherrill

Replies

• Normally I don't use computer programs that you have to add everything each day. I find that this can be frustrating and take a long time. I am getting better at it with patience and just adding more and more of my personal foods.

I am 56 years old and would like to lose 20 to 25 lbs. I am really stuck right now. Haven't lost anything and am being sooo good about recording everything I eat. One thing I have learned is to lower the amount of sodium and increase the liquids. I thought I was eating a great organic tomato soup but it turned out to have 1500 mg of sodium for 2 cups!! It put me over 3,000mg for the day. I also learned that I love carbs!!
    Anyone else have that problem? I can do with a little sweetness but carbs I could eat all day.

One idea I ran across is mixing protein powder into my coffe in the morning. It doesn't taste too bad and it is very good for you. I am just trying to reach the correct balance of carbs, fats, protein and sodium. I know the weight will come off eventually.

I also need to start exercising again. I love to walk and work in the garden, so with winter I need to start using my exercise tapes again and just can't seem to get going.

Is anyone out there using Alli? Did it help? I haven't found it to make a difference. Obviously since I haven't lost any weight!!!:frown:

Would love to hear from anyone that things Weight Watchers is worth the money? What other programs have helped people to successful?

Hope to hear from you all.:happy:

Sherrill
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Hi Sherill,
    I am not to familiar with Alli there was a post awhile back about it though. You might have to do some searching for it though.

I don't follow Weight Watchers although I have a cookbook that I found of theres that I look at sometimes. I haven't really used it honestly though. Mostly because I tend to do my usual dinners. A friend of mine lost over 76 lbs through Jenny Craig and I know a few on Weight Watchers.

I am sure there are others out there that are familiar with them. Glad to have you here. Enjoy.

Eve
  • Thanks Eve!!