For those who get frusterated at seeing 2-5 lb weight gains

Options
I weighed myself this morning to a 3 pound weight gain. Drank a cup of coffee...went to the bathroom.....came back downstairs and thought..."eh why not..." ....weighed myself again...the 3lbs was gone plus 4 oz. LOL! It's not my scale either....I just recently had Satan calibrated.

Just goes to show you the DRASTIC changes that take place in your body by the minute...hour.....day.

Replies

• bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I love that you named your scale Satan...classic. haha.
  • kiesha82
    kiesha82 Posts: 6
    Options
    haha i so agree with u, i do the same thing sometimes. and the scale is always changing. i really need to get over my obsession with the numbers on the scale lol
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I've heard (and tried it) that you should weigh yourself 3 times in a row to get the most accurate reading.
  • angelofdescent
    Options
    I love your scale name. I will have to use that. It is definitely the devil...lol
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I've heard (and tried it) that you should weigh yourself 3 times in a row to get the most accurate reading.

Some scales are clever like this (well, they are kind of programmed to make you think they aren't rubbish haha) and actually won't change if you take the readings very close together.

I definitely agree with the fluid shifts though. One would think you would weigh the least first thing in the morning, before you have eaten anything for the day but I think I weigh the least mid-afternoon... crazy, huh?
  • wantmycurvesback
    Options
    I have found weighing myself about a half hour to an hour after waking - after using the bathroom and not eating yet - is the best time (for me).
    I also noticed the scale goes down more after I have showered (but not when hair is wet).
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I find that the location of the scale on the floor can make a difference. I have hardwood floor in my bathroom, but I have 3 specific locations that I use to weight myself and all 3 numbers have to match. It might be me being OCD, but sometimes it does vary depending on where I put the scale.
  • tutujoli
    tutujoli Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I also noticed the scale goes down more after I have showered (but not when hair is wet).

:huh: DANG girl!! How dirty ARE you?? :laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I find that the location of the scale on the floor can make a difference. I have hardwood floor in my bathroom, but I have 3 specific locations that I use to weight myself and all 3 numbers have to match. It might be me being OCD, but sometimes it does vary depending on where I put the scale.

This is definitely true. I have a hideous bathroom floor (stupid rented flat :P) that is very uneven and I don't really have a space for my scales (so I keep them on a shelf until I use them) but you are actually supposed to keep scales as stationary as possible ie find a flat space and leave them there - the more times you move them, the more they vary and the more inaccurate they become.