Vampire 5k, Any pointers for new runners

Options
Last year I started C25K and quit after 3 weeks. I just signed up for the Vampire 5k in Atlanta. What was I thinking? I have around 11 weeks to get my butt into a 5k. Am I crazy?

Any pointers for new runners? I already have the C25K app on my phone.

Replies

• LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    stick with the program. don't quit. remember you just paid to do something so you'll want to do the best you can. don't worry if you have to walk some of the race. i was curious about the race so i looked it up. it's not timed so don't worry about finishing in a certain amount of time. i do recommend running on the same surface as the race (so if it's pavement run pavement to train, if trails run that). 11 week is plenty of time to train. good luck.
  • CJforMe
    CJforMe Posts: 17
    Options
    I also am doing my first 5K this spring (April)! I have been trying to walk 3.1 miles 4-5 times a week. I am going to add faster walking/some running each week. I did C25K before (and also stopped doing it early!), but I like doing it this way better... I figure even if I'm not fast enough, at least I'll be VERY able to walk 3.1 miles at a decent pace by the time of the 5K.

Good luck!
  • thick_to_fit
    Options
    11 weeks i would think is more than enough time as long as you do it everyday and every few days add on more running until you stop again! IT IS POSSIBLE and you CAN do it! Think about how awesome you will feel after. Plus race day is alot easier than practice. Good luck to you!
  • thick_to_fit
    Options
    i live in atlanta I might consider this 5k sounds fun