TDEE and BMR help

Options
Okay so I'd like to start using TDEE and my BMR instead of what myftinesspal says.

I am 250lbs. 5'4. 20 years old. I am lightly active. I nanny for 6 hours a day, and then I ride horses 3 days a week, and go to the gym 4 days a week.

According to the scoobysworkshop.com My BMR: 1939 and my tdee is 3006.

In a recent post it says TDEE - 20% but for heavier people you can go up to 25% or 30%

With that being said. If it's 25% I should be eating 2254
30% would be 2104.

So my question is. My calorie goal should be 2104 a day, and not eating ANY exercise calories back, right?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Okay so I'd like to start using TDEE and my BMR instead of what myftinesspal says.

I am 250lbs. 5'4. 20 years old. I am lightly active. I nanny for 6 hours a day, and then I ride horses 3 days a week, and go to the gym 4 days a week.

According to the scoobysworkshop.com My BMR: 1939 and my tdee is 3006.

In a recent post it says TDEE - 20% but for heavier people you can go up to 25% or 30%

With that being said. If it's 25% I should be eating 2254
    30% would be 2104.

So my question is. My calorie goal should be 2104 a day, and not eating ANY exercise calories back, right?

Heavier people can sustain a larger deficit so 30% would be ok based on how much you have to lose. Also, if you included exercise in your TDEE, then you would not eat back exercise calories. So just aim to eat 2100 calories a day. i would make sure you adjust macro's to get about 1g of protein and .35g of fat per lb of lean body mass. Below is a good thread on that.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
  • horseyhudson
    Options
    Sounds perfect! I followed her post and did what she said!
  • ericafaye6988
    ericafaye6988 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I decided to switch to my TDEE as well. I am still figuring out the specifics so that link is awesome!