Do you always use all your calories?

Options
Still a junior to this site so forgive me for me lack of knowledge here...I still have a few hundred calories left today and was wondering is it vital to use them all today? Can you carry them over for another day?

Replies

• AnotherTryLiz
    AnotherTryLiz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    From what I understand you cannot carry them over to another day and it doesn't hurt if you don't use all of them in one day. I have been doing this a week and I average about 400/500 calories left over everyday. Hope that helps. BTW....I TRY to eat ALL my calories each day but am just NOT hungry.
  • LesCalvert
    LesCalvert Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you ;-)
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    From what I understand you cannot carry them over to another day and it doesn't hurt if you don't use all of them in one day. I have been doing this a week and I average about 400/500 calories left over everyday. Hope that helps.

You CAN carry your calories over, since your body works on a 7-10 day schedule and your calories are really a breakdown of a weekly allotment. However, you should try to eat as many of them as you can, and leaving 400-500 at the end of the day is creating an unhealthy amount of a deficit, so you definitely should NOT do that.

Try to get 1200 in as a minimum.
  • CynthiaMarie36
    Options
    I have only been doing this for a week or so and I have went several days not eating all my calories. I don't know if that is bad or good but I can tell you I have lost weight. I think from drinking LOTS OF WATER and eating less and working out some. So if not eating your calories is bad for you please share with me.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I have only been doing this for a week or so and I have went several days not eating all my calories. I don't know if that is bad or good but I can tell you I have lost weight. I think from drinking LOTS OF WATER and eating less and working out some. So if not eating your calories is bad for you please share with me.

The calories that you are allotted are ALREADY a significant deficit under your TDEE. You should eat as many of your allotted calories as you can.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I find that averaging calories over a week works, and certainly no need to stuff yourself just to met some computer generated calorie number
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

The calories that you are allotted are ALREADY a significant deficit under your TDEE. You should eat as many of your allotted calories as you can.

Preach it sister.
  • 1KiwiChick
    1KiwiChick Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    ive been on here 18months and nearly at my goal. Try to plan at the start of your day so you get as close to cals as poss especially if you are exercising! your body needs fuel to burn fat and when you eat too little your body goes into starvation mode and ends up "eating" the things you want to keep!!! like muscle and retaining water.eat a minimum of 1200 cals a day or more if you are a bigger person.