Looking for 'Clean" recipes! What's your favorite?

Options
krissyharden
krissyharden Posts: 25 Member
Just started eating "clean" on Monday and I am needing recipe ideas, especially family friendly ones. I'd love to hear your favorites! :)

Replies

• Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Seriously, where did this term come from? Can we talk about whole foods (not the store, the foods)? Or wholesome foods? Hopefully no one is eating dirty food. That would be gross.
  • krissyharden
    Options
    Pretty sure I didn't invent the term, but thanks for attacking my post. Awesome recipe!!
  • capnlizard
    capnlizard Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Baked sweet potatoes with black beans, tomatoes, and avocado....super yummy!

I bake sweet potatoes in the microwave (clean them thoroughly, poke with fork all over, and microwave on a plate for about 10-15 minutes or until soft-baked). Then, in a saucepan, I saute half an onion, a couple of cloves of minced garlic, and half a green pepper in a few tablespoons of olive oil. Add in chili powder to taste, ground cumin, and dried oregano and cook until translucent. Add 2 cups cooked black beans (or, if jammed for time, use the less-clean canned bean option...just use a low-sodium organic variety) and 1 diced plum tomato. Stir together to mix all ingredients and cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat, until beans are heated through and tomatoes start to break down. Use the bean mix to top the sweet potato and add some cubed avocado to the top. Also good with cheese, if your plan allows for cheese (mine doesn't....:sad: )

Hope this one helped!!!!! My friends' kids all seem to like the whole "loaded baked potato" idea, and it basically ends up tasting like chili on a potato...it's really good with a simple green salad (baby spinach with lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic?)

Good luck!
  • Christie0428
    Christie0428 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Seriously, where did this term come from? Can we talk about whole foods (not the store, the foods)? Or wholesome foods? Hopefully no one is eating dirty food. That would be gross.
    if your drinking soda and eating foods full of MSG and other preservatives and chemicals ... i'd call that dirty
  • keri3
    keri3 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I like browsing blogs. I like foodbabe.com, thegraciouspantry.com, http://fitnessista.com/ ......I would just google clean eating recipes and its endless...sorry that's not really an answer but just some website ideas
  • krissyharden
    Options
    I like browsing blogs. I like foodbabe.com, thegraciouspantry.com, http://fitnessista.com/ ......I would just google clean eating recipes and its endless...sorry that's not really an answer but just some website ideas

Thank you! These will def help!
  • krissyharden
    Options
    Baked sweet potatoes with black beans, tomatoes, and avocado....super yummy!

I bake sweet potatoes in the microwave (clean them thoroughly, poke with fork all over, and microwave on a plate for about 10-15 minutes or until soft-baked). Then, in a saucepan, I saute half an onion, a couple of cloves of minced garlic, and half a green pepper in a few tablespoons of olive oil. Add in chili powder to taste, ground cumin, and dried oregano and cook until translucent. Add 2 cups cooked black beans (or, if jammed for time, use the less-clean canned bean option...just use a low-sodium organic variety) and 1 diced plum tomato. Stir together to mix all ingredients and cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat, until beans are heated through and tomatoes start to break down. Use the bean mix to top the sweet potato and add some cubed avocado to the top. Also good with cheese, if your plan allows for cheese (mine doesn't....:sad: )

Hope this one helped!!!!! My friends' kids all seem to like the whole "loaded baked potato" idea, and it basically ends up tasting like chili on a potato...it's really good with a simple green salad (baby spinach with lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic?)

Good luck!

Sounds yummy! Thanks! :)
  • Controversial
    Controversial Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Since food is clean....

All of them.
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    It still amazes me how some people can be total *kitten* just because they're behind their computer screen. I just bake or boil my meat, sometimes I season them sometimes I don't lucky for me I enjoy the taste of plain food.
  • krissyharden
    Options
    It still amazes me how some people can be total *kitten* just because they're behind their computer screen. I just bake or boil my meat, sometimes I season them sometimes I don't lucky for me I enjoy the taste of plain food.

Me too!! Like why do they feel the need to comment on the post and be negative?!? Thanks!
  • krissyharden
    Options

Thank you, I'll check them out!
  • shutterbug21
    shutterbug21 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Here's a REALLY awesome Dessert Blog and you will not believe how low calorie and healthy everything is!

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/
  • PopCorn_Said
    Options
    Quinoa "Cups"

I just "discovered" quinoa and it changed my life. It is packed with vitamins and proteins and is a healthy substitute for rice, past and spuds.

I cook 1 cup of quinoa with 1 1/4 cup of water, some salt and a pinch of curry powder for about 15 mins.
    Then add about 50 grs of sliced button mushrooms, a couple of sun dried tomatos, some paprika, minced garlic and some low fat cheese.
    I place one thin slice of ham in a cupcake (individual silicone one) cup and the quinoa inside (about half a cuo of quinoa mix for every cupcake cup).
    Bake for about 15/20 minutes...

:smile: