Ready to quit!

Options
is feeling really down...i'm not loosing weight like i want...and i try to work out and get so tired so fast. yesterday i could barely get through 60 jumping jacks!!! Jan 2009 i weighed 200lbs...today i'm at 150! Which is good but i feel stuck. No matter how healthy i eat i can't seem to get the lbs off.

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to increase your caloric intake. Try changing your weekly goal to 1 pound per week as you don't have much to loose. the extra calories will give you more energy to perform and feel better, and will probably move you off of your current plateau. good luck and stick with it.
  • mlv333
    mlv333 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Don't quit. At the very least maintain until your ready to get back at it. This is a lifetime change not just until you get to the weight loss finish line. And if you are so tired make sure you are eating enough protein, or nothing else is going on like allergies, or a slight cold.
  • mstanley
    mstanley Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I started at 230 but now I'm going back and forth between 189 and 187. I'll lose two pounds one week and gain them back the next week. It's really getting annoying. I don't really no what else to do to fix this problem.
  • pamela35
    pamela35 Posts: 14
    Options
    Stay focused and really your doing a good job if you lost 50lbs, it takes time and we all get to the point were we are at a stand still! But also as we workout, it starts to turn to muscle and that might put a lil on but stay focused! GOOD JOB!
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    Don't Quit, if anything just take a couple days off from everything then get back to it! You can do it you came this far I am sure your body just hit that dreadful plateau.

Here is an article I found the other day, I'm certain if you give this a try you will be well on your way to your goal weight!

Good Luck!

Use these dynamic new ways to challenge your body and never hit a plateau.

The Link: http://health.msn.com/weight-loss/slim-down-for-summer/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100256032&gt1=31048
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to mix it up a bit.....Make sure you are eating enough variety and calories, and Shake up your exercise as well.....If you do that you will start losing again.... If you quit you'll regret it and our goal should be to live a life without regrets in all aspects.......Do some research..... learn a little more and begin again with more knowledge in your pack, and the support and love of your family.......Best to you........ There are some excellent posts that everyone should read on this website about eating enough and varying routines.... Do a search you'll find them and feel renewed...........
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You look really good. Perhaps the weight you are at is a good one that your body likes?

The last time I weighed 150 I was so frustrated that I couldnt lose the last 7 pounds to meet my goal that I sabatoged myself and eventually gained 63 pounds.

This time I am shooting for a higher, more realistic weight that is more maintainable.

It's all about being happy and feeling good!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Please don't quit! Nothing will happen then! You are just on a plateau which means you probably need to shake things up. For me that meant increasing my caloric intake to the maintenace level for 3 weeks. When I reduced back to my weight loss calorie range, I starting losing again. I also vary what I do for exercise between fast walking, elliptical, strength training and yoga - no set pattern. You should be really proud of your accomplishment and consider this a total lifestyle change rather than dieting to reach a certain #. I wish you well!
  • sorellabella
    sorellabella Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hang in there you have already accomplished so much. Remember this is a life change and it took you time to put the weight on just do it for yourself. As others have stated take a couple of days off and return, shake things up a bit and see your doctor so he can check for other reasons you may not be losing.
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    play around with your calories intakes :) eat more one day and eat less one day. just walk for a good 30 mins. i think that will help increase your stamina. :) do that for a good week and then increase it :) then start to do other things :) i bet that will really help you :)
  • mookiemoomoo
    mookiemoomoo Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Dont quit you will regret it i stayed same for weeks and weeks just started again . dont get weighed for few weeks then carry on doing what you do then get on after 4 weeks you will have lost
  • hawaiibound
    hawaiibound Posts: 158
    Options
    Thank you all so very much for your support. As a stay at home mom with 2 small kids I find it quite hard to get moving some days. I live in Wyoming and the wind is so horrible. I bought the Wii Fit and i see it in front of me everyday but for some reason i just don't do it!
  • butterflykimmyc
    butterflykimmyc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Don't quit, you are doing great!!! I have started and stopped to many times. Now I wish I had just pushed through and kept going. It will come off, just take it slow and steady!!
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Don't quit! You are almost there!!! me in total mom mode: Are you taking your vitamins? Could an iron supplement help? A plateau could last a couple months. Just think of what would happen if you gave up!!! Even holding steady you are still on the right track!!
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Don't quit , that is the worst thing you could do! I have been on this weight loss journey for a long time now and the one thing I regret is quitting. At one point on my journey I was at 190 lbs. and I had a couple of stalls and it frustrated me so bad that I sabotaged myself and I ended up gaining all my weight back up to 300+ pounds which now I really , really regret!!

Just think of how healthy and good you feel ....even if you are not losing you can maintain and then get back on track when your ready again. Just please don't quit!! YOU CAN DO THIS .......you have come this far so don't let anything stop you now :) Good luck with your journey!!
  • tatiana_13
    tatiana_13 Posts: 325
    Options
    I know how frustrating that can be. All of the other suggestions people have given you are great. I'd just like to add one that I found useful. Weight loss is hard. Its just hard. Eating right and exercising is healthy for everyone, no matter their size. But sometimes your body says, eh, good enough. So, when that has happened to me, I do quit...for a short period of time. I take a break. Which doesn't mean going back to your 200 lb diet, but to eat and exercise in order to maintain at 150. Not only is this good preparation for future maintenance (a dry run if you will), but it gives you a mental break and stops you from fixating on the frustration...not to mention the joy of having a few more calories a day.

And, more importantly, when you go back to your weight loss regime in a week or two, you'll be cutting your calories back down to weight loss level, which will be just enough of a calorie change to get over the plateau. It worked for me every time. Eventually your body just does what a healthy body does: it adjusts to whatever you're doing. (that's why anorexics end up on starvation diets...even their unhealthy bodies adjust to 500 calories a day without losing weight.). So, change things up!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Wait a minute.... what would you quit, exactly? I mean, what does that even mean? You're just going to stop moving and start shoving unhealthy food in your mouth?

Try to make your lifestyle change a sustainable one. Then, even when the scale isn't moving as quickly as you'd like, it doesn't even matter because, well, you're just living the same way you'll be living forever.

I don't know how many calories you're consuming but it seems like most of the time the reason people stop losing weight so close to their goal is because they're not eating enough. I stopped losing weight at the end of January because I wasn't eating enough. Now that I'm generally eating about 400-600 more calories per day (!!) than I was eating before, the weight is steadily coming off again at a health & realistic rate (about 1.5 pounds/week).