FIT FEBRUARY!

Options
Fit February! (Sorry for the unoriginal name haha)

Hey everyone! I am looking for 10 people maximum to be in a small, support group for weight loss during the month of February. PLEASE, only people who want to consistently support each other and be dedicated to weight loss. The first weigh-in will be Friday, February 1st. The final weight in will be Friday, March 1. You must weight in every Friday and submit your weights on the Group page.

ABOUT ME: I weigh about 155 and my goal is to weigh 147 by the end of February. It would be great if your goals were somewhat similar, but not necessary. I really want to lose weight because I feel that I am uncomfortable in social situations. . I want to be able to wear dresses at events without worrying about my legs and bathing suits on vacations with friends without hiding my stomach. And in general, I want to know that I am healthy : )

WHAT TO DO: Please reply to this thread with your approximate weight and your approximate goal weight for the end of February. And then maybe a sentence or two about why you want to lose weight and what your motivations are.

WHAT I'LL DO: Once I get 10 people, I will make a google spreadsheet with our starting weight and ending weight. I will also make a Group page so that we can support each other.

I will check this thread later this afternoon and let everyone know who is in the group. But really, only 10 people so that it is manageable. Thanks and I look forward to getting to know you!

Replies

• mnbramos
    mnbramos Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be a part of it! I am actually out of the country until Friday February 8th, so I can't really do my first weigh-in on the 1st...if that is still ok. My first weigh-in could be Saturday Feb.9th (sorry I will be one week behind!)

My recent CW is 147, GW is 135

My motivation is my wedding that is fast approaching in July! I also have multiple showers to go to, and am in a friends wedding at the beginning of May.

I try hard but I always slip up just a little, a few too many times throughout the week...which shows on the scale. I have been hanging around 147-150 for several months now and am ready to really lose it! I love working out/exercising but it's my nutrition and sweet tooth that I really need to work on ;)

Hope to have a group of motivators...it really does help :) Thank for starting this! Maybe we could have it go into March as well? Something for spring time?
  • npatel160
    npatel160 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I would love to join, my start weight is 146.5, I would love to get to 141 by the end of Feb
  • Powe7120
    Powe7120 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Starting 120, goal 116.

Reason - I got married over the past summer, and worked really hard to look good. At this point, I need to get back into the swing of things and get healthy again.
  • SSJTimeLord
    Options
    Hi,

I have only just started on my weight loss journey. I currently weigh 179lbs and would like to be 170lbs by 1st March.

I have quite a lot to lose and am hoping to have lost at least 30lbs by June for my graduation.

Thanks.
  • junebaby21
    junebaby21 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be a part of Fit February!
    SW: 198
    CW: 171-173 fluctuating as of last week

Would like to lose 5-7 lbs in Feb.
  • allinoelle007
    allinoelle007 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thanks for being so specific about what you are looking for in this group! I am struggling to lose those last 10 pounds. I weigh 160 and would like to be at 153 by March 1st.

Hoping to wear a bikini come summer!
  • gossipgirl11
    Options
    Hey everyone! Thank you for your responses! Everyone that has posted is in the group! I will make us a group page and a Google Doc tonight and post the link to both! I'm really excited about supporting each other through the month of February, and potentially throughout Spring if anyone is interested. But for now, we are working hard for Fit February! I'll post soon once I get the other pages up and running! : )
  • gossipgirl11
    Options
    Here is the link to the Google Doc where I will track our weigh-ins!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvZB2GRVyr7kdEVfYjRIcHRqcE05X000cWlLbTk0bGc

Just copy and paste it and you should be able to view it. Let me know if you have any problems or if there are any errors with your information.
  • hwalt001
    Options
    Hey! I think I still made it into the ten for this group! I hope so!

My starting weight is 146 and my goal is 140 by the end! I will probably be paying more attention to my measurements though since the scale isn't always accurate!

I want to tone up and be fit finally! I'm training for a half marathon with a bunch of races in between so I have to keep going or ill just be mad at myself later!

I'm doing this for me to continue my 2013 "me" mission!
  • stina412
    Options
    Room for 1 more?

I'm going back home the end of March and would love some motivation for Feb!! I'm also starting 30 day shred the 1st =)

CW 187
    would love to lose 8 and make to the seventies for March!
  • SSJTimeLord
    Options
    Gossipgirl11, thank so much for making this thread. I'm very excited to have some support and accountability.

I have a suggestion: could we possibly also see the weight loss as a percentage of body weight lost?

If it is too much trouble, then don't worry.

Good luck everyone.
  • _J_en
    _J_en Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join if still possible!!

Currently 187lb
  • Islandqueenfl
    Islandqueenfl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this if I still can! I have a cruise on March 11 and would like to lean up a bit for that. Also the start of triathlon season is starting up for me again, and after my Ironman in November I have really slacked too much on my diet and nutrition. Time to get back in shape!! I currently weigh 133 and would love to get down to 125. 8 lbs in 4 weeks, 2 lbs a week seemed like a good goal. Please let me know if I can still be a part of this and how to stay involved! Good luck everyone!
  • Gemmyw22
    Options
    Room for me?! x
  • kellyh2
    kellyh2 Posts: 64
    Options
    I would love to join, I could really do with some group motivation. CW 144.5 GW by end of Feb 139 :-)
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    WELL IT LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT YOUR 10 - I AM OUT! GOOD LUCK
  • Gemmyw22
    Options
    aw, did i not make it? lol damn x
  • gossipgirl11
    Options
    Hey everyone, I don't mind adding the last few people who have posted. I'm in class now, but will do it later tonight! I will also add you to the Fit February group page. Make sure to submit your weights tomorrow on the Group page! : )
  • gossipgirl11
    Options
    Okay, so if I haven't already added you as a friend, make sure to add me! And if you have not received an invite to the Fit February group page, please let me know.

I need goal weights from: _J_en , Gemmyw22, and brit_ks_89 . (Sorry if I overlooked them on the forum).

Again, the link to the weight chart is: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvZB2GRVyr7kdEVfYjRIcHRqcE05X000cWlLbTk0bGc#gid=0

There was a suggestion that I add a spot for weight loss as as percentage of total starting weight (if I understand that correctly). I will try and do this : )

Let me know if you have any other suggestions!
  • Islandqueenfl
    Islandqueenfl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for adding me! Looking forward to a very "Fit February"!