Skinny Funfetti Cupcakes Recipe

Options
allifantastical
allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
I haven't tried this yet, but saw it on Pinterest and had to share. Seems easy enough. I plan on making some this weekend!! The trick is to just eat one instead of all 24. LOL. If this has been posted before, I'm sorry!

Skinny Funfetti Cupcakes Recipe:
(makes 24 cupcakes, 110 calories per frosted cupcake, 2 Weight Watchers Points)

Cupcake Ingredients:
1 pkg. Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix (just the powder, not the recipe on the box)
1 (12 ounce) can Sprite Zero

Cupcake Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 cupcake tins with paper liners. In a large bowl, combine cake mix and Sprite together. Continue to mix until the batter is smooth without any lumps. Pour approximately 1/4 cup of batter into every cupcake wrapper. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Let cool before frosting.

Frosting Ingredients:
1 (8 ounce) container Fat Free Cool Whip
1 (1.5 ounce) pkg. Fat Free Vanilla Jello Instant Pudding (just the powder, not the recipe on the box)

Frosting Directions:
In a mixing bowl, add Cool Whip and pudding. Mix with a whisk by hand or an electric hand mixer until smooth. Spread over cooled cupcakes. Makes enough frosting for 24 cupcakes.

Replies

• ksunshine91
    ksunshine91 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This recipe, while it may be low calorie, is full of chemicals. Make cupcakes out of real food and limit yourself to one.
  • allifantastical
    Options
    I'll be making them and enjoying all of the chemical glory. But thank you for the tip.
  • srenea9
    srenea9 Posts: 142
    Options
    OMG, my husbands favorite cake! I have to make this for him, I'll have to freeze the rest or he will eat them all
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    This recipe, while it may be low calorie, is full of chemicals. Make cupcakes out of real food and limit yourself to one.

Agreed. There is not a single ingredient here that's not something full of processed, chemical things. No thanks. I'll eat a real cupcake that I've made from scratch over something like that.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I love this recipe! I do the same thing with chocolate cake (except I use diet coke or diet cherry coke). YUMMMY!!!!!!
  • kerryjo80
    Options
    The cupcakes made this way (you can do that with any cake mix, btw) taste good, but have a total different consistancy. They are thinner and much more gooey than normal cake. You still get the same flavor though!
  • allifantastical
    Options
    I've done devil's food cake mix & a can of pumpkin and those are pretty good for chocolate cupcakes but they are higher in calories.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    I :heart: chemicals!!!!!!!

I'm going to try this. I've done the brownie mix with a can of black beans (tasted ok, smelled like farts) and it didn't go over well. The soda-pop might work better.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    It's just an alternative..if you wanna try it, then do it. If you're all up in arms about chemicals then move along. Sounds good!
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options

I'm going to try this. I've done the brownie mix with a can of black beans (tasted ok, smelled like farts) and it didn't go over well. The soda-pop might work better.

Smelled like farts?? LOL
  • lalarox
    lalarox Posts: 37
    Options

^^ oh wow, the brownie/black bean mix just made me sick just thinking about it. You are brave!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    There was a commercial quite a few years back that stated, "Without chemicals, life itself would be impossible. " To each their own. :)
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options

I second this motion. I live in the real world and all these things are things I eat anyway. I realize some things are "bad" but you do what you do to get by, you know?
  • allifantastical
    Options

Me too!! Thanks guys!!
  • allifantastical
    Options
    There was a commercial quite a few years back that stated, "Without chemicals, life itself would be impossible. " To each their own. :)

So true!!
  • cara523
    cara523 Posts: 116
    Options
    OH MAN! that comment about the brownie and black bean mix hit me so hard I cant seee from laughing! Anyhow, this sounds delicious! And certain that it will smell better than the brownie thing! (is that a true recipe by the way? Brownies and black beans are not two things I would think of pairing....EVER!)
  • tello424
    Options
    Yes. I got the info from Weight Watchers. They tasted pretty bad but I remember the next day trying another one and I have to say it tasted so much better the next day.
  • MLKorn86
    Options
    I've made these a bunch of times but instead of using Sprite Zero, I use seltzer water. They're really good! If you add 2 egg whites, it makes the cupcakes much fluffier :)
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    bring on the chemicals!! not like I am eating them every day... well at least not yet...
  • traceyfunk
    Options

My family loves the black bean brownies! They even complain when I make "real" brownies because they prefer the texture of the black beans!