Looking for a support system

Options
sheliarae
sheliarae Posts: 2
edited November 2023 in Introduce Yourself
Hey, I am a 35 year old mother of two children ages 7 and 2. When I first met my husband I was a size8, now I am a size 18 and not comfortable with myself. I would love to get back to an 8 or even a 10. My husband and children are not overweight, which makes it very hard for me to diet. They are supportive of me, but sometimes forget I am trying to lose weight. They make it hard for me to stick with the diet. Looking for some one to help me through the times when my family fails me.

Replies

• sheliarae
    sheliarae Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey, I am a 35 year old mother of two children ages 7 and 2. When I first met my husband I was a size8, now I am a size 18 and not comfortable with myself. I would love to get back to an 8 or even a 10. My husband and children are not overweight, which makes it very hard for me to diet. They are supportive of me, but sometimes forget I am trying to lose weight. They make it hard for me to stick with the diet. Looking for some one to help me through the times when my family fails me.
  • ragsrulz
    ragsrulz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    well, I guess talk to your husband and tell him how important this is to you....also...as I talked to a friend today, who has lost 30 pounds....she just didn't change what she ate, but simply ate less of it...if she wants pizza, she has 1 slice, with salad...that would fit more into your family lifestyle...fortunately for me, we have no children living at home, and a very supportive husband, who by nature prefers to eat healthy as opposed to unhealthy food. We don't eat fast food, we don't eat out often (once a month maybe) and then it makes me sick...I eat out with my sister now and then...or my daughter, but only choose restaurants that have a healthy menu, such as applebees....
    it is a big change, but the best thing you can do for yourself is to keep track, so you know where your calories are going and you can start to trim them down and hopefully see a difference...
    however you choose to do it....good luck
  • my3d5332
    my3d5332 Posts: 4
    Options
    sheliarae,
    I just started on a diet. I understand how hard it is when my husband and son are eating their own thing. If you want maybe we can be support to each other and trade ideas for food. I am not sure about the rules on posting for e-mail......Tracy
  • camnappo
    camnappo Posts: 8
    Options
    I have been overweight my whole life pretty much. I know in high school i didnt do things i shouldve and now it is making me want to do something if there is anyone who would like to keep in contact with me or would like to be there as a support system or someone I could talk to about exercise and portions fell free to email me at april_n_ortiz@hotmail.com. I am serious and I would like to meet others who feel the same way
This discussion has been closed.