Any ideas for George Foreman Grill?

Options
Stove is not working right now, so I have to be creative in order to cook a healthy dinner. Any good ideas?

Replies

• Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Make a nice bowl of salad and grill some chicken tenders on the grill. If you're not afraid of carbs I suggest some yummy bread on the side :)
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Bit predictable but I love chicken done on the grill. Smear on some curry sauce or curry powder, grill and serve with a massive salad and Greek yoghurt with mint stirred through (great on a flour tortilla too).
  • rachel85137
    Options
    I have two go-to Foreman grill dinners - 1) chicken quesadillas with low-fat cheese, peppers, and onions, and 2) turkey paninis (I use turkey breast lunch meat with low-fat cheese, pickles, and spicy brown mustard - I make these with my whole wheat 45cal/slice bread and they come out being 160 calories per sandwich!)
  • jillsjourney
    jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Cheeseburger Wraps
    1 lb ground beef
    1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (I used a little more to taste)
    1 tablespoon ketchup
    1 teaspoon dried minced onion (I used real onion)
    pepper and salt to taste
    8 flour tortillas (the larger ones)
    shredded cheddar cheese
    sliced tomatoes (I used salsa)
    yellow mustard

Brown ground beef in large skillet and drain. Add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, dried onion, and salt and pepper to the beef and simmer for 5 minutes. Sprinkle shredded cheese down center of each tortilla. Add a few heaping tablespoons of the beef mixture on top of the cheese. Spread some mustard on top of the beef along with some slices of tomato. Roll up tortilla burrito-style and place wraps on George Foreman.

My version is 277 calories.
  • jennmariepantoja
    jennmariepantoja Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Shrimp on the grill is divine!
    Fajitas - chicken or beef with lots of bell peppers and onions
    Throw some strawberries on for a yummy dessert, drizzle with a teeny bit of honey
    Squash sprinkled with garlic powder
    Tilapia
    Turkey burgers
    The possibilites are endless!
  • butterbean4283
    butterbean4283 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I usually grill any wrap I make. I also make quesdillas too!
  • tdanielwyche
    tdanielwyche Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use my Forman Grill for almost everything. Boneless chicken, pork and sometimes fish, the fish sticks even with olive oil. I season my chicken or pork to tast, and do a salid or vegitables. I love it.
  • thelastcenturion
    thelastcenturion Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    oh wow. i never knew how versatile a foreman grill is. i kind of wanna get one now since its pretty decently priced.
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I've grilled zuchinni slices and pepper strips on the GFG, but takes a little longer than protein.
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Take a boneless, skin on, salmon fillet, marinade for half hour to two hours in a hoisin & spring onion sauce. Heat the grill and grill for 8 minutes, check after 4 and spoon over extra marinade. Serve over a vegetable stir fry (and if your target allows it, some noodles)

Wonderfully sticky salmon.
  • Wantmy2dollars
    Wantmy2dollars Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My family loves when i make grilled burritos on the Foreman. Normally I'm looking at a filling of lean ground beef or turkey mixed with a can of fat free refried beans. wrap in a tortilla with onion, cilantro, and cheese (if you have the room for the calories). Put it on until the shell browns. Top with salsa.
  • npalacios78
    Options
    Ohh man! Now the problem isn´t finding a recipe! It´s choosing one of all the tasty ones you guys have posted! Thanks!
    If I get too overwhelmed with recipes I´ll order pizza....................Lol.........:laugh:
  • thelastcenturion
    thelastcenturion Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    sooo i'm making a Walmart run in a few hours. I think they had a few george foreman grills ranging from 25-40 dollars and I'm now considering getting one, would it be worth getting?
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    sooo i'm making a Walmart run in a few hours. I think they had a few george foreman grills ranging from 25-40 dollars and I'm now considering getting one, would it be worth getting?

Absolutely, but if possible get one with removable plates, makes clean up so much easier.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

Absolutely, but if possible get one with removable plates, makes clean up so much easier.

Agreed! So easy to clean.
  • Strivingforhealth12
    Options
    I found one at a thrift store recently. I love it.
  • SarahKhristan
    SarahKhristan Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I LOVE grilled veggies on the Foreman - and grilled pineapple!

I'll also add - shrimp is amaze-balls when it's grilled. Bon Appetit!
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Get 10 grapes, 2 Cups of Broccoli and 3 Raw Chicken breasts.

Microwave on high for 90 minutes.

Then call for delivery.
  • Dawn1488
    Options
    Sliced vegetables, what ever you like, yummy!
  • Reneeisfat
    Reneeisfat Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    One time I burned my foot, VERY BADLY, on my Foreman Grill.