Starting Insanity

Options
Hi everyone , I came on here looking for opinions and health. I was thinking of starting Insanity
But I don't want to go through all that hard work if I can't get a decent body by June
I'll just start a little easier by joining a gym if that's the case. But I was wondering if I could a little toned and achieve a flat stomach if.I can complete insanity. As of right now I am 5' 11 and around 183. I have pictures of myself but I don't know how to post them yet.

Replies

• Nate_A91
    Options
    bump
  • piggydog
    piggydog Posts: 322
    Options
    There have been a ton of threads about this...If you check the success stories there are even pictures of people that have had success...

Fact is you won't get a nice body from Insanity if you sit your butt on the couch and chug soda and eat pizza all day after your workout...

Change your eating habbits and get active and any workout program will give you good results in 5 months
  • abknorr
    abknorr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Teresa,

I am interested in finding a group to motivate me as choose to start Insanity. I submitted a friend request via Facebook.
  • nklunk
    nklunk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 4th round of insanity. As long as you do the work and eat right you will see results.
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting it on Friday! Excited/nervous :)
  • belladona568
    Options
    hi everyone well im really interested in starting insanity just need to irst of all get the videos lol....and a question for those who have started it already...see im renting a small room in other ppls house i obvously want to do it n my room dont want ppl seeing me lol... wuestion is do u need to be in a big place, space to do it??
  • iselita1
    Options
    The Fit Test alone pushes you!
  • iselita1
    Options
    :happy:
  • iselita1
    Options
    Hey, I definitely know how you feel. I was very skeptical about starting Insanity especially after seeing the success videos mainly because I thought those people looked fine to begin with but I realized that it's mostly what you put into it that determines your results. Therefore, my husband and I made a pact and for the next two months, we will be eating healthy and going insanse with Insanity. I mean, if you want to lose weight that bad, you should be willing to try anything no matter what. It's only two months and I'm sure you can learn a lot about yourself along the way. I'm only on day 2, yesterday was the Fit Test and man-o-man am I sore. Even my husband who's in the Army got his butt kicked. So far, we are expecting results. Good luck, you can do it!
  • iselita1
    Options
    hi everyone well im really interested in starting insanity just need to irst of all get the videos lol....and a question for those who have started it already...see im renting a small room in other ppls house i obvously want to do it n my room dont want ppl seeing me lol... wuestion is do u need to be in a big place, space to do it??

Hi I just started Insanity yesterday which was only the Fit Test but if it's anything like the other DVDs, yes you are going to need room. There's this exercise called "globe jumps" and those take up at least four feet to the front, back, left, and right. There are many more exercises where you'll be on the ground and jumping up and down so, just to be on the safe side, I'd give yourself as much room as possible so as to prevent any injuries or damages. I'd hate to be in a situation where I'm about to start a two month program with furniture getting in the way... I hope this helped
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    You don't need a big space, I did it in a 3 foot by 6 foot area and completed the program.

You will see results if you do it every day and eat right.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    There is never a guarantee that you will get results, especially by a specific date. But if you follow their calorie goals and eat whole lean foods, then you will definitely see progress. The thing I generally see people fail with is eating enough calories.
  • k8ermarie
    k8ermarie Posts: 204
    Options
    Hi everyone , I came on here looking for opinions and health. I was thinking of starting Insanity
    But I don't want to go through all that hard work if I can't get a decent body by June
    I'll just start a little easier by joining a gym if that's the case. But I was wondering if I could a little toned and achieve a flat stomach if.I can complete insanity. As of right now I am 5' 11 and around 183. I have pictures of myself but I don't know how to post them yet.

I lost 10.5 inches the first Round of Insanity! And I just finished Month 1 of it for Round 2 and in 30 days I have lost 10.75 inches off of my body! Insanity Works!

Here are my 30 Day Results I just posted today:

Day 30 Results

Body Part: Day 1 - Day 30

Weight: 131.2 lbs - 131.2 lbs (134.6 lbs at 15 days so this is 3.4 lbs down!) :)

Waist: 33.5 in - 31.5 in (2 inches down!)

Hips: 37.0 in - 35.5 in (1.5 inches down!)

Bust: 34.5 in - 34.5 in

Left Arm: 10.5 in - 10.0 in (0.5 inch down!)

Right Arm: 11.0 in - 10.5 in (0.5 inch down!)

Left Thigh: 23.0 in - 21.5 in (1.5 inches down!)

Right Thigh: 23.25 in - 22.0 in (1.25 inches down!)

Right Calf: 14.0 in - 12.5 in (1.5 inches down!)

Left Calf: 14.0 in - 13.0 in (1 inch down!)

Neck: 13.5 in - 12.5 in (1 inch down!)

Total Lost: 10.75 inches
  • calisunrise
    Options
    good luck! i've deone insanity too last autumn :)
    just keep in mind that in order to keep your whole body firm, i suggest you also work your back and tricep separately as insanity doesn't do much about those areas.
  • chaemd
    chaemd Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Insanity Monday. Good to know that there are people doing it right with me. I do believe that the eating part is key. I exercise six days per week and if I don't get the eating right, I miss the mark every time.
  • chaemd
    chaemd Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Those are some very encouraging results. I did P90X and lost plenty of inches and looked great, but very little weight loss even with doing doubles and the diet. I hope that Insanity will give me the weight loss - 11lbs in the first 60 days and 22lb by the end of the next sixty days. This site should help me in monitoring my calorie intake so that it is in keeping with the nutritional requirements. We'll see.
  • DaniFarris
    DaniFarris Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great advice here. Insanity works if you use correct form, push yourself & eat well. I have done the program & saw results way better than anything else I've tried. Give it go, you'll like it!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    Am i the only one confused by the OP?

You say your only willing to do the work if your pretty sure you will get the body you want by June.

Working less hard wont get you there any faster, but i guess your saying if you can't get to it by X date then its not worth it for you.

ITs all about what you eat no matter what you do, and like everything else you will only get out of it what you put into it.

if all you want to do is burn fat, Insanity is probably the best of the shelf product. you only really need a body length in any direction.

Dont expect miracles though
  • belladona568
    Options
    thank u so much for ur opinion i will consider it see how much of a space i can make by moving in stuff and see it it works for me or not =)