Vegan anyone?

Hello! I am just curious if there are any other vegetarians/vegans using this site? I thought it might be nice to have vegan friends to bounce healthy recipes around with :)

Replies

• GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    i'm vegetarian :)
  • runneraly
    runneraly Posts: 9 Member
    I'm vegan. Add me if you like. I like to cook a lot from veganomicon and www.ppk.com, but after starting MFP I realize that some of those recipes are hiding a lot of calories. Would be great to share some healthy new ones.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Vegan
  • Vegetarian but going vegan when I get my grocery money beginning of this month! :-)
    I'm pretty much there just need to switch out my cheese,mayo and eggs for vegan substitutes
  • Bethbr00tality
    Bethbr00tality Posts: 36 Member
    Go join the Happy Herbivores group here on MFP.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Hey I'm a Pescitarian who doesn't eat diary.
  • amandanilo
    amandanilo Posts: 62 Member
    I was a vegetarian for about 13 years. I started eating white fish about 2 years ago, so I suppose I'm now a pescatarian!

I'm trying to eat "clean" about 80-90% of the time. I'm trying to stay away from dairy, but I do have a greek yogurt as a snack, daily. I purchase organic when I can. I'm also trying to cook more from scratch, rather than buy canned/packaged foods. I do like my vegetarian progresso soups, though!

As a vegetarian, I was never taught how to do it correctly...or healthy, for that matter. I really fell back on pasta, pizza, fries...they were easy. Of course, I've always loved my veggies, but I just ate to many carbs and too little protein. Portion control was another issue. and of course, calories!

I still enjoy my pasta, but I just swtiched to whole wheat pasta (enriched with fiber and protein) and I stick to ONE serving (maybe 2) with a natural no-sugar-added tomato sauce.
  • I am completely new to vegetarian/veganism and I'm trying to go straight vegan. I do notice that some of the recipes I've been using can be a little high in fat and carbs and low on protein so I'm working on that. I'd be glad to share my recipes and resources with you. I'm currently using Kris Karr's Crazy Sexy Diet cookbook, Sarma Melngailis' Living Raw Food and several blogs that I've come across to make the vegan transition.
  • Lecterman
    Lecterman Posts: 97 Member
    Yo
  • jackiejax1981
    jackiejax1981 Posts: 80 Member
    Vegetarian but going vegan when I get my grocery money beginning of this month! :-)
    I'm pretty much there just need to switch out my cheese,mayo and eggs for vegan substitutes

OOOOO......Daiya cheese, Veganaise, and TOFU scramble for substitutes. Yummmm. lol. Also, instead of organic butter, or nasty and dangerous margarine, we use the organic earth balance buttery spread. DEEEELISH!
  • jackiejax1981
    jackiejax1981 Posts: 80 Member
    Vegan 98% percent of the time (i have my days!) add me if you like ;-)
  • Vegetarian who eats mostly vegan meals - I don't like eggs and I only have cheese on occasion. Hopefully will be fully vegan soon though :)
    Your welcome to add me
  • luckyclover78
    luckyclover78 Posts: 115 Member
    plant based vegan for a year here. I do my best! feel free to add me. :D
  • Bethbr00tality
    Bethbr00tality Posts: 36 Member
    Also, forgot to say: vegan for 8 years. Hey there!
  • :bigsmile: Hi there......Plant based
  • mnpitza
    mnpitza Posts: 6
    Pescetarian for a few years now- but slowly trying to transition. :)
  • EshaS30
    EshaS30 Posts: 7 Member
    Vegetarian for 15 years and transitioned/transitioning into a vegan diet this year. Feel free to add. :)