Excess Skin Post! (3 pregnancies + losing 100 lbs) pics

Options
joyzy
joyzy Posts: 97 Member
Having three babies in the last 6 years, then a horrible spinal injury, and then losing 100 pounds, people ask me about excess skin all the time.

Surprisingly (to me) its my most asked question after "how did you do it." ( http://www.joyzyblog.com/my-story/ )

Well here it is. These photos are from the past 20 months. I started at 270 pounds, and now I have rested comfortably around 165 (give or take a few pounds in either direction) since July 2012. (I'm 5'8", 32 years old)

It's barely noticeable, but in those last 2 photos below, that bit over my belly button is finally getting smaller. I also have excess skin below my belly button, from hip to hip, and that part is always covered with clothing or bathing suit bottoms.

I don't have any excess skin on my arms. And there is a tiny bit on my inner thighs but not enough to bother me.

For the past 6 months I've just been doing 1) Running 6x/week 2) Strength training 1-2x/week 3) Not gorging myself on food, 4) Drinking a gallon of water/day.

SO. I do have excess skin but I guess it's maybe eventually going to shrink back??? Crossing fingers!

Image-1.jpg

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    you rock. hard.
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Um, YOU are awesome!!!!!!! Nice work!!!!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    You look great, congrats! :0)
  • andersonjo0306
    andersonjo0306 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Incredilble. Makes my goal seem obtainable. Thank you for posting
  • shak29
    shak29 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!
  • MsJackieO318
    MsJackieO318 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Damn girl your belly is awesome looking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations :) I wonder if part of it is genetics. I lost 125 lbs (I weigh 135ish now) and work out like a beast (lots of strength training) and eat well but I have triple the belly skin you do. Maybe its the water, I will have to try that. My tummy tuck is scheduled for April but I am a little worried because I eventually would like to have kids and I know the tuck will stretch back out. But with no serious relationship/kids in sight I don't want to waste my best years, so Im gonna go through with it I think. Worst comes to worse future hubby can pay for another tuck, lol. Any congrats, u look stellar!!!! :) Thanks for sharing.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Amazing and inspiring!
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You and your belly look great!
  • FunFitFast
    FunFitFast Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you for being my inspiration today. You're awesome :D
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Thank you for sharing, and congrats on your success!!!
  • longin2bsexy
    longin2bsexy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You truly ROCK! What an inspiration! I too have 100 lbs to lose and worry that same thing. Keep up the great work!! You give me hope! :happy:
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Looking great! I think there is a definite visible difference in the last 2 pics on your belly!
  • lalarox
    lalarox Posts: 37
    Options
    Wow you look great. Congrats. I hope I am as lucky as you in the excess skin dept when I hit my goal weight.
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, your start weight and current are close to my start and goals. So this is very inspirational! That's one of the things I have been concerned about.
  • shamah84
    shamah84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!!! :) If it's been shrinking I bet one day it'll all be tight which is very inspirational because I too have excess skin and I am nowhere near my goal yet. Great amazing job!!!! :D!!!!!!!
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation, you should be incredibly proud.
  • wittyusername
    Options
    Wow! you've done am amazing job hun :) x
  • CandaceHoweth91
    Options
    You look fantastic! As far as the little bit of skin, try also exfoliating those areas in the shower. It will help your skin. However, you should be incredibly proud.
  • prettymorbidity
    prettymorbidity Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    uh-mazing holy moly! so inspiring! thank you for your story!
  • kab39
    kab39 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great job you look amazing
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!