In need of encouragement!

Options
I have a busy weekend coming up and it involves lots of eating out. I need some words of wisdom on how to stay on track with my weight loss progress. I am down 21 pounds but am just now really feeling the impact of that and I feel like 5 more pounds and I will really feel good. I am worried I will make fast, unhealthy decisions this weekend...help!

Replies

• shalma
    shalma Posts: 80
    Options
    pack healthy snacks and when eating out, try for chicken or fish and veggies
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this every weekend, because my son play travel baseball and we are gone almost every weekend some local and some out of state. I have just learned to pick good foods when I go to a restaraunt, like grilled and broiled and get my steam veggies in there. More than that watch the sodium (restaraunts are loaded with it) and drink more water than normal.
    Just try and stay focused on that 5 more lbs you want to lose!
    Good luck!!
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    if you're worried about decision making, choose what you want to eat ahead of time and try to pack it and take it with you. then you won't have any decisions to make when you're out and feeling super hungry. you'll most likely want to go for what is right in front of you, which will be what you packed. some great foods for packing are apples, clementines, nuts, whole grain crackers, dry cereal, kashi bars are great, bananas, grapes, edamame, baby carrots, sunflower seeds, and dried fruit/veggies. remember, water bottles and tupper-ware are your friend!!!
  • ymhand
    ymhand Posts: 188
    Options
    Just dont do it! Dont cave in ......you will not feel good afterwards! This is a good time for you to prove to yourself that you can resist temptation and your will power is strong and alive! Good luck, right back and tell us how it went for you:happy:
  • melmel0181
    melmel0181 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!! I will let you know how it goes. I am going to a mexican restaurant tonight to start the weekend off. I already looked at the menu online to pick something on the healthier side out. I think I will go with shrimp. Now its just resisting over eating the chips/salsa and drinking to much Sangria. It does kind of stink though having to be sooo conscience of trying to lose weight on a Friday night out :( I am going to make it a point to feel good about my choices but still enjoy myself!