Help!!!! Urgent recipe help!!!!

Momma2four
Momma2four Posts: 1,534
edited September 20 in Recipes
I am trying to think of something for dinner tonight that is easy and does not take too long. I am going to be gone most of the day. Does anyone know if I could like pre-cook my brown rice but not fully cooked. Put it in a casserole with some chicken put it in the fridge until I get home then finish cooking it this evening. HELP i need to know and I am leaving in an hour so I need to get started.

Replies

• Momma2four
    I have only cooked brown rice a couple of times. I am a pretty experienced cook just not brown rice. I would even do a crock pot dish with my chicken and brown rice. I am cutting up some shallots for the dish as well.
  • What does the normal recipe say to do? Is the rice supposed to be fully cooked or not cooked at all when you combine it with the chicken and whatever else? Rice saves pretty well if you cook it and then refrigerate it... I'm not quite sure what you're asking as far as combining it with other stuff in a casserole.
  • shalma
    shalma Posts: 80
    If the rice isn't cooked all the way through, it will soak up liquid in your cassarole. Could dry it out if you aren't careful
  • Momma2four
    I am making it up as I go a long. I want to put rice chicken and veggies in a casserole. I never follow one recipe I use different ideas from different ones. Some of the casserole ones say cook rice others say not cooked. I just want it to only take about 30 mins when I get home and brown rice takes 40 mins.
  • dorothy70
    dorothy70 Posts: 1
    I would simply cook it all the way through and then just reheat it when you get home.
  • Momma2four
    I would simply cook it all the way through and then just reheat it when you get home.

That is what I am going to do!!!!
This discussion has been closed.