100 + pounds to lose - need friends, tips and inspiration!

Options
:smile:
Hi - I am 38 and have just joined yesterday. I want to lose 64 kgs / 140 pounds! I am sick of being fat and sick of accepting that being fat is part of my identity... would be great to make some friends as I think we all need as much support as we can get! Would be great also to hear of other's inspiring stories and tips for the long run! many thanks!

Replies

• brittaney0625
    brittaney0625 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You can do this! IF you really want it, you got this!!!

I need to loose 100+ as well! 13lbs down in 29 days so far! Feel free to add me.
  • Chrysalisnow
    Chrysalisnow Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just joined. I am 37 and need to lose over 100 pounds, as well. Feel free to add me!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome.

There are tons of great people here, and tons of great info, and you will, no doubt, be overwhelmed with both. ~chuckles~

Best tip I can give you, regardless of the way you decided to work towards your goal, don't let the small slips read as failure. Just shrug, remind yourself that you're human, not perfect, and pick back up as quickly as possible. Losing weight isn't a quick process (okay, some people manage it quicker than others), you just have to do it a little at a time.
  • DonnaNCgirl
    Options
    I'm six pounds away from having lost 100 pounds. You can do it!

Add me. I'm ready to help support anyone who wants to make the change to a healthier lifestyle!
  • GrammyNanner
    GrammyNanner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've lost 130 of 282 pounds in the past year. Glad to offer any help I can.
  • mdrhodes80
    Options
    Anyone can add me as well. Just joined here, need to lose 150 +. 32 years old, mom to two girls. Tired of being fat!
  • daklex
    daklex Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and looking for the same loss. Any of you can feel free to add me. I'll always try to help, support, motivate, comfort, scold (haha). We already made the first step by coming here. We can do this!!!
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me also! I love meeting new friends and sharing support! The more, the merrier!
  • dannybell58
    Options
    you can do it .i don't know who you are but I just know that you can do it. go for it
  • kimmiedunne
    kimmiedunne Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've lost 80 pounds a few years ago and am here to lose even a little bit more and then to maintain. You CAN do this if you want it! My tip is don't deprive yourself of something you want, it just makes you overeat in the long run! You can still eat the food you love - just in moderation! It's about adding more fruits and veggies, whole grains, etc. Over the years I've changed my whole way of eating and I would never go back. I love what I eat now! Good luck! :)
  • auntachelle
    auntachelle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 and have 130 lbs to lose. Just started last week also. I've tried so many times in the past. I've always lost some but give up. I hope this time is different. I have an amazing goal to succeed this time (not that looking better, feeling better, etc aren't amazing reasons either). I am planning on going to Rome in September and would like to lose as much as possible. I'd love to be under 200 lbs, but will be okay a bit over. I know getting to 199.9 by early Sep is a huge challenge. :flowerforyou:

Michelle
  • amberlynnsinspired
    amberlynnsinspired Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Totally adding you(: We both have a lot of weight to lose and it is always nice to have a lot of motivation.
  • swtjenny90
    swtjenny90 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am so new to this i don't know how to add anyone. i want to drop from 235 to about 150. Right now I'm around 222. I have no idea what I'm doing I'm just trying to eat better and move more. any advice given to me would be greatly appreciated and i would love if a ton of people added me. its def easier with support :)
  • brownshuga30
    brownshuga30 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It took me this time around to realize all of what you said. Salads are great but hey I'm not a rabbit lol!! You can do this!! There is a wealth of information on here and at times it may be overwhelming but like she said don't deprive yourself.
    I've lost 80 pounds a few years ago and am here to lose even a little bit more and then to maintain. You CAN do this if you want it! My tip is don't deprive yourself of something you want, it just makes you overeat in the long run! You can still eat the food you love - just in moderation! It's about adding more fruits and veggies, whole grains, etc. Over the years I've changed my whole way of eating and I would never go back. I love what I eat now! Good luck! :)
  • clovis5
    clovis5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A lot of what you wrote hit home for me. I just turned 50 years old. I am starting to have health issues and I want to lose weight to feel better. Please stick with this and I will too!
  • dancinnik
    Options
    Hi, I just joined yesterday also needing to lose 150+. I'm in the same situation, tired of being fat. So its time to do something about it! Best of luck to all of us:-D. I need all the friends I can get. Nik
  • eh8563
    eh8563 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello. I'm 49 and this is Day 2 (again) for me. Age is but a number and i shall not give into those who believe we have to settle based on age. Call me "Nifty Fifty" because that's the plan. I love all of the supportive information posted especially not viewing the lack of "perfection"as failure like I did. I believe this can be very beneficiial which is evident by the success stories. So if you do at least one thing for yourself today towards healthy living then pat yourself on the back and "keep on keepn" on! BRAVO!
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    LOL my tip is the opposite of a lot of these eat what you want folks. If what you want is not good for you then by all means deprive yourself for now. Your taste buds will adjust but not if you keep throwing pizza and burgers at them once a week. Behave yourself while you are dieting and then learn to use the bad foods as treats instead of crutches after you reach your goal. You have to be serious if you are going to lose a serious amount of weight. You can't let social obligations, friends tempting you, spouses that won't diet with you, infants that keep you up all night, or anything else stand between you and your goal. Any effort is better than nothing so if you can't commit do what you can anyway but if you really really want it then go for it 100% and you will change your life.
  • eh8563
    eh8563 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi there,

What would you say clicked for you finally? Inquiring minds neeed to know :)
  • lself0924
    lself0924 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My goal is to also lose 100 lbs. I've always been able to carry about 20 + pounds better than most just because of my build, I did a lot of weight lifting when I was a youngster. Now I'm 45 and about 5-7 years ago I started to notice the difference in my body. I wasn't gaining a "lot" of weight but was definitely getting bigger. I just woke up Jan. 5th with a different mind. I'm twenty four days in and I'm loving how I feel, starting to see some changes and I haven't really struggled (unlike the past with fad diets and extreme stuff). Looking for friends on MFP both to give and get help. Add me if you like.