A real person

Options
My name is Tyler. I am a real person. My life is not rosy and a gift from God it has been HELL. I grew up very poor, and other people have gone out of their way to make it hell for me. I have had more stuff happen to me than should ever happen to 1 person. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for what I have and I know it could be way worse, but comparatively speaking it has been terrible. As one could expect I am jaded. I am not a positive outlook, motivational speaker, everything is going to be great, or look on the positive side, type of person. I am a realist. It is how I have survived. I prepare for the worst and pray for the best. I started my weight loss journey for what most would call, “The Wrong Reasons.” I am sick of people looking down on me because of my weight. I am sick of so called “fit” gym addicted people telling me I have to do something and my life is no way to live. So I am getting in shape to force these people to leave me alone and prevent the prejudice I have experienced because I don’t fit their molds. Also, I would like to be able to actually go shopping and find things that fit me. I know this makes me sound like a negative angry person but I am really not. I love to laugh and joking around is another way I have survived. I am not a person that will tolerate euphemisms like, “no pain no gain”, and “pain is weakness leaving the body.” I hate this kind of stuff and don’t think it is motivating at all. strut your way over to globo gym. :) So if you’re looking for a real weight loss friend that welcomes a rant about the “roosters” in the gym (people that strut around but don’t really do anything), than send a friend request my way. I’ll listen and support. If all that RA RA stuff works for you, than I understand that too. I believe everyone is truly different and even though our goals may be the same, the paths may be radically different. There is no generic plan that works for everyone. Thanks for reading. Have a great day. And if you’re a “Rooster”, seriously dude, get a hobby, quit showing off, and actually do something other than bothering the treadmill ladies. LOL.

Replies

• Jen_Jennings
    Jen_Jennings Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I think the first thing to do is to try and adopt a positive attitude. It can make all the difference and can help you be more successful in your weight loss goals. Don't worry about the people at the gym. Our road to health is not always the same as each others so don't worry about anyone else. If you want to add me, you can but again, I think a positive attitude will help you.
  • iamtutt
    iamtutt Posts: 10
    Options
    A lot of us are willing to be there and support you along your journey. The first step is asking for support, so congrats to you! I don't work out at a gym, but I am down 70 pounds with another 20 left to go. I can be a sounding board for your frustrations, but to be honest, I am a great "Ra-Ra". You can do whatever you set your mind too! I know it sounds childish, but I did a lot of things people said I couldn't do, because I set my mind to do it. Do what you need to do to get past the people talking crap at the gym. Wo are they? What do you care, go in work your *kitten* off and get healthy. Feel free to add me, but realize, I am positive and I believe in positive response for encouragement, good luck!